Sunday 21 October

21 to 39 of 39 messages
21/10/2012 at 17:32

Well done LMH

21/10/2012 at 17:40
Wow congrats LMH!
21/10/2012 at 17:42

Well done LMH. The mens showers probably weren't any warmer either.

21/10/2012 at 17:51
Well done Postie...definately sub 2:50 next time. the 5.2m laps is a really good ideas and your pace through the first 21m is very even. Do you have your HM splits?

LMH...I'm really, really delighted for you. I'm sure you must be feeling really satisfied with that effort after the turmoil of the last few weeks. I would have loved to have been inside your head at the point that you overtook Devises Man!

Well done guys!
Edited: 21/10/2012 at 17:51
21/10/2012 at 17:52

I have just realised that I'm wrong. I ran VLM in 3.42.32 rather than the 3.43.32 I had in my head so not a PB after all  I failed.

21/10/2012 at 18:13

Great reports and great running, LMH and Postie! Onwards and upwards and with more ideal preparation you will both knock quite a few minutes off come the spring!

LMH:  a neighbour who is a GP is coming round this evening...he has an interest in sports' injuries and is the guy who gave me a lift to Chester on Weds pre-op. Also just had an email from Clink who ran a decent cross country race yesterday.

21/10/2012 at 18:34

Wow Postie and LMH amazing! LHM you did not "fail" as you put it!  You did really well especially after all the trouble you've been having recently!  I think you can definitely call it a success!

Hope you're both feeling ok tomorrow.

21/10/2012 at 18:59
Yay! I did know yesterday's lyrics!!
21/10/2012 at 19:09

Fab reports from Postie and Little Miss Happy.

Both of you thought your races through, did all the right things and came out with great results - fab efforts.

Tom - sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed yourself - that's what running is all about.

Alehouse - hope your friends will be able to tell you what you are experiencing with your op is normal. Nice to hear Clink is doing well.

What: 3 miles with Mae easy

Still not much better, still got more anti-biotics to take, and I've started taking anti-hisatimine.

21/10/2012 at 19:12
Further medical update! GP neighbour fairly happy with Achilles. A bit red around it but to be expected: he will monitor it any way, which is really helpful. And yes, LMH, don't even let it enter your mind that that was a failure!!
21/10/2012 at 19:28

Good news Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that NZC.

To be honest I'm absolutely gutted - I think because I thought I'd made it and it took several hours to realise that I hadn't so I was enjoying feeling surprised and pleased with myself. I'll get over it - nothing else I can do really.

21/10/2012 at 19:52
LMH: write 100 times, "that was not a failure!", best handwriting by 9.00 Monday morning, and signed by a responsible adult. (In other words, no-one else remotely considers it a failure).
21/10/2012 at 20:21

I know, and if you'd told me on the third set of antibiotics in the last four weeks that I would run another sub 3.45 and my second fastest marathon ever I'd probably have thought you were mad and I'd certainly have bitten your hand off.

21/10/2012 at 21:11

LMH - What everyone else is saying

Well Done

Postie

Well Done

Alehouse - that's good news

8 miles nautical today for me

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 21:11
TR
21/10/2012 at 21:14

LMH - well played son, you are a credit to "Team TR". Its not always about the finishing time, its about being the best you can be on the day and being able to look yourself in the mirror with pride. You overcame some massive hurdles to even toe the start line. You have a big pair ! Even I was telling you that maybe it was time to begin the off season.

21/10/2012 at 21:41

evening all, 
Brilliant stuff LmH & postie, great reports and splendid times.
Also well done to all our park runners this weekend & GGG on the cabbage patch.
NZC - hope you feel better soon...
lyric - yes (yesterdays and todays)

Me? Well not much in the way of running, instead did lots of walking...youngest away with school, eldest wanted to stay with her friend (& her parents) camping on welsh borders so me and missus booked in to a hotel, and did some (walk) miles on the Offas Dyke, before eating & drinking too much. Today another 5 - 6 mile walk, then picked up daughter & came home.
Bagged an easy 4 mile leg stretcher a short while ago (X-factor avoidance)

Edited: 21/10/2012 at 21:43
21/10/2012 at 22:41

Some great photos on Abingdon Marathon too LMH

Dustin Cringe Factor yes one of the good sides of no longer having teenage daughters at home

21/10/2012 at 23:25
LMH...like what TR says (that guy always talks sense). You will in a day or two take a quiet satisfaction in producing such a good performance from such a difficult set of circumstances. I think you are a star...so shine brightly!
21/10/2012 at 23:52

Excellent reports!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 39 of 39 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.