Sunday 21st June 2009

21 to 28 of 28 messages
21/06/2009 at 18:51

Thanks AF, cant be much to report if the club are putting that in.... but one for the scrap book never the less

Well done Joe

Ouch indeed Alehouse (PS Jnr has a placement at last!!!!!!)

What - Short LSR 13.25m
Why - Starting to build back up
Last hard - Tues
Last rest - Fri

Take care

21/06/2009 at 19:02
alehouse, of course they would !
21/06/2009 at 19:15
RFJ: good to hear about junior...when? E-mail if you wish!
21/06/2009 at 20:53

Alehouse - hope it all works out well for you.

Hope Tipp Top had a good run in the relay.

Joe Hawk - sounds like you enjoyed the "Picnic".

Jason - love the recovery  run with your Mum - neat you've got a running family.

Ceal - my husband was up in the middle of the night watching the motorsport - I'm sure he wouldn't  have been happy if they'd switched to the athletics before iit finished My son said he was watching the qualifying and they switched to the rugby - Lions v SA.

Not fathers' day here, but happy fathers'  day to all the fathers on the thread.

What: 15k up huge hills, over farmland,   had a bit of everything in it - road, bush, steps, mud, fences, and finished on black sand into a huge head-wind - very happy to finish. Heel reacted badly afterwards, fine during the run.

Good running everyone.

Edited: 21/06/2009 at 20:56
21/06/2009 at 21:11

TT,

Report on todays game here: (i hope it works): http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2009/0621/tipperary_clare.html

Thru to the Munster Final  - But Only Just. Meanwhile the Dubs won through against Wex to win the dubious prize of a Leinster final spot against KK. The first Leinster final for 18 years!!! The Hurling force of the East is Rising!!! All Ireland quarter Final at least now - thats major progress.

Tense affair, more-so as the kids were causing uproar - mad decision to bring a 2 year old and 5 year old to the game!!!. OH had to bring them out at Half time!!!.

On the ar5e front i had an easy 7 miles this morning and no apparent reaction - fingers crossed in a few more days things will be back to normal.

Keep on runnin!!! 

21/06/2009 at 21:52

Ended up doing a half mara training run in 1:48 , legs where very reluctant to start with but got going after the first mile or so and was running at 8:15 pace pretty comfortably. Quads are pretty tight so didn't really like the downward slopes but other thasn that felt OK.

Looks like my worries about the Picnic interupting training have been put to rest.

TT - I hope the Ridgeway went well

Good training all. 

21/06/2009 at 22:17

Evening folks.

Cheers Paddy. I always like to get one over on Clare in particular. Thank God for Brendan Cummins. We're in big trouble when he retires! Congrats to ye as well. That is some turn-around in fortunes, but as you know yourself you've got a huge ask in the final!

Nice one on another mara JH. Tough course from the name/time I assume?

ceal - hope that hammy heals up quickly.

TmR - sounds you're like me, the more aerobic the better, with tight control on the other stuff - I think that's why the Lydiard approach suits me, the 'other stuff' has a limited time span. Glad to hear you're feeling better though.

AF - CD was on the same leg as me today (though thankfully nowhere near me as he had a stormer!).

NZC - I've got a much better appreciation for those kind of runs after today. I'd never run any kind of trail before the recce on Wednesday evening (bar a very odd mile or two here or there), so hadn't fully realised quite how much concentration is required when you go off-road.

Right, the Ridgeway. Tbh, I really really shouldn't have been there as my temp was well up all day, but figured I'd dope up a bit and see how I got on. During warm-up, to put it politely, I was sweating like a pig wrapped in tinfoil on a hot summer's day so one of the guys had a word and told me to take it as easy as I needed to without doing myself damage and not to worry if I was overtaken.

Needless to say, as soon as I was tagged I just thought 'Sod it' and figured I'd run as fast as I could for as far as my legs would manage and then worry about getting to the end...... All was going pretty decently, and then I took a wrong turn and ended up sticking an extra 1/2m on.

Up until I got lost I was still managing to hold a sub-6 average despite my legs feeling like 2 lumps of lead, but then I got a bit flustered as I was really worried about being able to keep it together until the end of the leg (stomach was all over the place and was starting to feel the effects of the high temp). At the end of it I found out that I had started the leg with a lead of 6mins 40s, and despite the 1/2m detour still managed to extend our lead to 7mins 50s.

The splits should give an indication of the terrain: 5:13, 6:53, 5:53, 6:21, 5:51, 5:43, 5:22, 5:55, 6:58, 7:01, 6:45, 56 (for the .16 at the end of it).

All in all, a great day. The rest of the team done great and we ended up winning in ~9h 35mins

w/u and c/d brought up 17m for the day, and 120m for the week, so not too bad for my first week back

21/06/2009 at 23:00

TT
Great stuff, good to see those big hills reducing you to slower than my race pace - albeit briefy!
Hope you recover well from your lurgy, and the relay.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.