Sunday 26th January 2014

21 to 29 of 29 messages
26/01/2014 at 16:21

Chick - hope you are OK, Thats my normal trick though

Results through from yesterday 1:16:01 for 8.93m in 728/986, so no records broken for me.

Todays run was hard, made easier with good company 1:45 (12.68m) ended up very wet and cold though...

Take care

26/01/2014 at 16:33
Oh no chick hope there's only surface damage. Hope you heal soon
26/01/2014 at 16:59

Sounds painful chickadee - hope it's nothing too serious. One shorter than planned long run now is not going to wreck your campaign.

I think my treadmill record is 14 miles, it's not just the boredom (turbo training is good for that!) but running differently. I swear I'm more likely to end up injured if I do too much on the treadie, I think it's because you don't naturally adjust your stride or get all the subtle changes caused by uneven terrain.

26/01/2014 at 17:09

Sorry to hear chickadee- hope you are feeling better after some time and warmth. Hope someone is dishing you out some TLC! 

LMH- I find that I run running on a treadmill as well, never found running in a straight line difficult before, but every so often I swerve or something. hahah hate it! 

26/01/2014 at 18:01
I run the same on the treadmill as I do outside

Chicka - hope you are ok
26/01/2014 at 18:46
thanks for your concerns, guys. I think I'm ok. Took some painkillers. Luckily tomorrow is a rest day anyway and by Tuesday I should be able to run again. At least my right hip now has a real reason to be niggly
26/01/2014 at 19:03

Not good Chickadee Take care!

Blisters    pirate
26/01/2014 at 19:59

Definitely an excuse for a luxury bathtime Chick. It's part of the recovery process. Especially the aromatic oils, scented candles and mood music. No need to boil like a lobster though.

I thought about going for a run before Sunday lunch, but it looked horrid. Afterwards it cleared up and I thought about it again (should have gone). There are a lot of people around these parts with greater cojones than me when it comes to winter athleticism. That includes the girlies. In the end I dallied long enough to just wait out until the swim session. That's a mile in the lovely warm pool done. First time today I was properly warm.

26/01/2014 at 20:38

Well done on the XC yesterday Dustin and RFJ.  that's some distance.  

10 miles for me today, lucky enough to pick the best time of the day so just a hail shower to contend with.  73:53 tiring near the end.

Lyrics, aye!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.