Sunday 28th October 2012

21 to 24 of 24 messages
28/10/2012 at 20:04

Emzap: I'm bored! Been in bed with leg up, bathroom trips apart, since Friday 3pm. Will be going to surgery tomorrow or Tues to get dressing changed and have a good look at infection. Won't tempt fate by commenting!

28/10/2012 at 20:43

What: 10 miles

What: Great South Run - first time I've run 10 miles in over year and even though I really started to feel it in my legs around mile 7 it was a good run and I'm determined to keep running a long distance on a Sunday. Will book myself into more 10 mile races to keep up my motivation.

Last hard: Thursday halloween howler 5K

Last rest: Yesterday (I never do anything on a Saturday)

Blisters    pirate
28/10/2012 at 21:53

Ale, keep gritting those teeth.

NZC, well battled. I think that you knew early on the way that it was going. In retrospect I think that you probably pulled off a brilliant recovery. 2min up at 10k, 5 min up at 21k, on a hot day that makes 9min down a serious rescue. It could easily have been 30 min down or more.

Tom, I think that you've been rumbled. Glad you enjoyed the (snuffly) marshalling.

Me? Coached swim session. A new chap arrived, clearly a biker, and young with it. He also admitted to having done 12+ months of weights training. He was almost as slow as me, but once he's got a few small techniques and tips embedded, my usual support role will be confirmed.

Much cooking and catering this weekend, the finale being the pumpkin carving. I'll tri and post a picture over on the dark side.

28/10/2012 at 22:07
Christine: really well run. I always find your efforts and especially your "I can get this done" attitude uplifting and inspiring.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.