Sunday 30th April 2006

1 to 20 of 83 messages
30/04/2006 at 01:11
# Sunday morning, rain is falling and I'm calling out to you

Soda: Congrats on the certification.

Stellina: LOL to training guru! I have a video of you chasing the Dalek. Can post if I get enough votes ;-)

Some great racing by people already. Good luck to any others.

What: Easy 20mins.
Why: Still some issues with right ankle. Oh well.

Ciao.
30/04/2006 at 03:21
Morning runners.

Just back from the A&E dept. Managed to drop a pair of scuba cylinders (50kg or so) on one of my fingers this afternoon....

The bone in the end of the finger is split in two lengthwise, and the end of the finger has burst open. Not a pretty sight!

They want me to wear a sling for a couple of days, so running is probably out of the question.

That's now 10 different bones I've broken. Must take more care in future :-)
30/04/2006 at 07:14
Oh dear FAB, take care!

Great racing yesterday, well done on coaching qualification Sodahead.

Just off to the 3 peaks, good weather & visibility :)

Good luck anyone racing today, and hope everything goes well paul & Jo.
30/04/2006 at 07:32
Morning,

Well run URR and Hollywood. MikeB, 11 events in a day???

FAB, major ouch - thats a very serious accident and if it had happened within an industry it would warrent serious investigation as to how it transpired.

Today I am back up to Gateshead to get the "sprint" injection. I will be stretchered off the track at midday with exhaustion if its anything like yesterday.

Racers run well.
30/04/2006 at 07:33
FAB - Ouch!! Best wishes for a quick recovery.

What: Great West Run
Why: GWR 2002 was my first ever road race, so I keep doing it again each year
Last hard: 13 days

Dry morning with hardly any wind, rain not expected until late afternoon - so no excuse not to break 75 minutes. I'm sure someone will, but I'll be pleased to beat last year's 1:34:30.

Good luck to all other racers.
30/04/2006 at 07:43
FAB, ouch!

200 mins, good luck in GWR.

SR, good luck in 3 Peaks.

Paul L, still waiting? Hope Jo is ok.

Speedie, sorry to have missed you out yesterday, I'm sorry for you loss.

URR, good speed so soon after Rotterdam. Great things ahead this season.

David Fagan, good luck in Monklands with the "MtB" method.

MikeB, are you Dean Macey in disguise. What a week?

Sodahead, well done on your coaching qualification. With all the fuss about "Big Phil" in the press, it shows how important people committing to coaching in all sports is.

Today: Might go for 12/13 mile with new club.

Good luck to all racers and those still nursing injuries, either post-mara or otherwise.
debbo    pirate
30/04/2006 at 08:07
Morning

FAB - that sounds horrible and is making my fingers curl up in sympathy.

DF - is Monklands today? Oh dear, I could have done it if I hadn't done a long run yesterday and need to do a long cycle today. Good luck anyway.

Who else is racing today?

What: long cycle - not sure of the distance because it'll be hilly, but aiming for 6 hours
Why: IM training
Last hard: can't remember really
Last rest: friday

Have a good day all.
30/04/2006 at 08:10
still waiting. Now resigned to the fact that it's only going to make an appearance with assistance :(

Ouch FAB. I could feel that as i was reading it.

Good luck to 200mins and SR in your races and to anyone else today.

Just an easy 3 to 4 today. I'm being sensible, using the 10% weekly increase rule and 4 miles will do just that.
30/04/2006 at 08:11
Fab - that sounds painful.

Good luck 200 mins and SR.

What: Hour gentle run in forest done and dusted.

Why; Hard run yesterday in race and thinking of taking young lad to coast today.

Simon
30/04/2006 at 08:18
Morning

Rory - That is a very good time,well done!

Sodahead - Congratulations!

MikeB - Buy day yesterday :o)

Speedie - So sorry to hear about your loss.

What: Rest
Why: 6 days of hard running
Last hard: Yesterday

Good luck to all racers!
30/04/2006 at 08:23
morning

there's still today Paul

what: gardening
why: it was sadly neglected during marathon training
IronMelissa    pirate
30/04/2006 at 08:37
Morning all,

Fab - YOW! Hope it isn't too painful.

Paul - fingers crossed for you and Mrs.

As for me, not sure what to do today. Common sense says not to do anything, so I will try to be sensible. Good luck all those with long runs today.
30/04/2006 at 09:24
In addition to my PB yesterday (which was later downgraded to a 21:01 by the timekeepers - but I know what my watch said) the sequence of 4 PBs in a row means I've won the runner of the month award at BPTT - so I get a new pair of trainers of my choice from Sweatshop :-) No idea what I'll go for but I do know they won't be cheap and that they'll have big fat heels :-)

Feels a bit odd though that whilst I've paid to enter so many races, I've only won prizes at 2 races - the no cost Fetch Five and BPTT races....

FAB - ouch! You do realise that when the tri folk talk about this weekend being the start of the open water swim season, they weren't actually talking about scuba?

nrg-b - yes vote here.

Paul and Jo - good luck! Push?

What: LSR - maybe 13 or 14 miles if I can find a way...
Why: Got to fit the LSR in aroudn some other stuff!
Lyrics: Nah

Can't believe that no-one else wants to see video of Stellina versus the Dalek.
30/04/2006 at 09:35
morning all.

FAB - ouch!

What: meant to be 10 miles
why: I'm wondering that
last hard: thursday

I am exhausted so I'm not sure about managing 10 today but I will get out there anyway.

nrg-b - I vote yes too!

fingers crossed for you and Jo today Paul.
30/04/2006 at 09:35
Morning

Thank you all for your kind words.

Two Grandparents in the last 5 months have passed - what I would have done for them to be at my wedding in June.

But good news is that my sister could give birth today so uncle speedie could be on the cards by the end of the day.

Paul and Jo also good luck to you both

URR good running there.

Hollywood well done on the pb

Rory well run

FAB - Nasty!

What:am: 10 miles done + stretching - pm: core work & maybe visit to the hospital

Why: Increasing mileage slowly

Last Hard: Wednesday

Have a good day and race well that are
30/04/2006 at 09:56
Forgot to vote for Stellina v Daleks.

My money is on Stellina btw.
30/04/2006 at 10:10
Yep, Stellina vote here

FAB - ouch - get better soon!

200mins goodluck in GWR

I've probably missed some other racers, so good luck to all those competing.

I won a cup last night! Actually it was a mug, an old Chichester 10k mug, for finishing last in the quiz. Such heights of achievement! I would have won 4 raffle prizes but my table wouldn't let me have 2 of them, particularly as I pulled my own number out of the hat after the first win! Great night out (club annual dinner), and nice to see all those runners in their finery instead of the usual singlets and sweat.

What: 8 or 9 miles depending on how I feel.
Why: Legs are starting to feel better and I need to get some way back to my old LSR distances.
Last hard: Boston 13 days ago
30/04/2006 at 10:11
Morning all

FAB-what can I say but...OUCH!

1 week post marathon now. I haven't posted for a few days because of work commitments and general knackeredness, but I did do 3 miles Friday night and 4 miles yesterday. Friday gave me a few knee and hip twinges, which worried me that I may have done some real damage last weekend.

BUT-much better on the 4 miler yesterday, so I'm optimistic that my recovery is on track.

what-5 miles at whatever pace I fancy (SLOW)
why-marathon recovery
last hard-felt like it on Friday
last rest-Thursday

Hope all my fellow marathoners are recovering well.

Have a good day folks.
Dubai Dave    pirate
30/04/2006 at 10:29
Morning All

FAB I sympathise. Yesterday I put my back out climbing up onto the dive boat with full kit on.dangerous buisness Scuba diving!

What: Session with Chiropractor

Why: See above!

Last Hard; Friday

Must be getting sensible in my old age because I actually decided to take a extra day off today (I never run on Saturdays) to give my back a chance to calm down, I did bring my kit to work but for once I'm off to Costa Coffee and not the gym!

Happy Running
SGQ
30/04/2006 at 10:38
FAB - ouch, again - felt slightly nauseous reading your post!!! Did a similar thing to my big toe once, a few years ago. Very messy. Hope it heals quickly.

What: nothing :-(
Why: looks like I might be on the injury bench
Last hard: FLM
Last rest: Friday

Ankle still stiff and sore from yesterday's 5 miler. Curses. I suppose resting it is the only cure, but I'd like to be back out there.
1 to 20 of 83 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.