Sunday 7th October 2012

21 to 27 of 27 messages
07/10/2012 at 19:48

Some good runing this weekend - well done to Dustin, Pammie and Chickadee!

We'll still remember the promise of a race report tomorrow
(even if you don't Chickadee! )

I'm having a no running weekend
- today 8 miles kayaking in a sea which was a bit more lively than predicted (wind was more westerly than NW'ly).

07/10/2012 at 21:19

Excellent stuff Chickadee, look forward to a report. Great write-ups from Dustin & Pammie and glad that everyone came away from the weekend with positives.

I entered the Gin Pit 5 Mile. It was muddy, hilly, cold, wet and undulating, but I came home in 33.03, which McMillan has at 41.24 for 10k pace - and I definitely had it in me. Splits were all over the place (6.48, 6.04, 7.00, 6.35, 6.36) owing to the course profile but I'm really pleased with this ahead of XC season starting soon.

07/10/2012 at 21:35

And well done, 7D: I've heard that the Gin Pit course is a tough one. I don't think that you can relate it to a road 10k, though! You are making great progress at the moment. Looked at the results and saw that you beat two friends of mine...mind you, they are both over 80!!

07/10/2012 at 21:53

hiya (again)
thanks for the comments!
Well done 7D, splits are fairly pointless in xc (imho), Pammie - brilliant stuff, ditto Chicka, looking forward to that report, but enjoy the celebrations!
I would post my splits but stupidly hit erase all on the watch instead of save. doh!
Pretty sure I was just under 61mins at 8miles , so the last 5 and a bit in abt 35-36 (7min/miling).
Really enjoyed todays race and never hit the "I wanna stop" phase, so renewed optimism, just need to work harder & train smarter. Seriously thinking of Marlow & or Gosport HMs for a bit more race practice, but as I think I've said before will depend on kid's sports events!

ttfn. 

Blisters    pirate
07/10/2012 at 21:56

Fantastic results day.

Brilliant sub 3:30, Chickadee
Almost a pb, despite the lack of confidence, Pammie. I recognise that competitive spirit and the lung buster final km.
Nice one, Dustin
Great outing 7Daughters, I'd say that sort of course can only be compared against itself. If you've not run it before, then it's a PB.

For me, a domestic day. Completely dismantle all shower components and descale, with new mastic where necessary. I'm much happier about it now.
Swimming with the Tri Team coached session. Focus tonight was on rotation and reach.

Oh yes. I might have mentioned. I have now made a commitment to 2013 and have entered "Challenge Henley". It's a 26.2 mile running race with a warm up of 2.4 mile swim and 112 mile bike. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

07/10/2012 at 22:30
Chick: 3:29:15..............yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blisters: exellent work on the shower. Did mine six months ago...needs doing again...bloody hard water areas!

That 2.4M:112M:26.2M combo has an ominous sound to it.
Blisters    pirate
07/10/2012 at 22:51

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

That sound?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.