Sunday 8th June

1 to 20 of 68 messages
08/06/2003 at 00:11
Morning

What - definitely 5 easy miles showing clubmate part of the Barnsley Boundary Route, then I think I might do an extra 10 @ 7m/m pace on my own.

But - full of chicken and crisps and lager after bbq.

So - we'll wait and see

Thought the lyrics appropriate as my training partner is away doing the National Vets Track Championship so 2 solo runs.
08/06/2003 at 00:23
Morning, beat me to it!

What - Rest day
08/06/2003 at 00:30
What: well it was going to be 11 miles steady (why 11 - because I want to crack 50 for the week), but feel I might benefit more from a run to the track and some shorter intervals than I normally do, maybe 400-1000s? But then I had July and August down for sharpening work so maybe I should stick to 4*1600s? Let's sleep on it.

Bod
08/06/2003 at 05:58
Mornin, wet in the E midlands

What - 11 miles with last 4 at 80% on HRM

Why - If I don't concentrate at the end of a run, I 'droop'

Last Hard - Thur
Last rest - Sat
08/06/2003 at 06:52
Mornin' all,

what: Crewkerne 9
last hard: wednesday
last rest: yesreday

Good Luck all runners running, racing resting or recovering :-)
08/06/2003 at 07:42
See you there 1/2M G!

What:Crewkerne 9
Why:????
Last hard:??
Last rest:Friday
08/06/2003 at 08:03
4 miles
there was a hill involved
08/06/2003 at 08:15
Morning

Will be doing the Beckenham 10k run this morning hoping for a PB and will give it my all.

Will post back later

Good luck Hilly and 1/2 marathon girl
08/06/2003 at 08:19
Good luck to all you racers.

Popsider, why not do both? Warm up for 3 miles, do your 4x1600 (making 7) with 400m jog recoveries (making 8) then warm down for 3 miles.
08/06/2003 at 10:28
morning all,

what : swim and gym session
why : still "breaking" body into orthotics so no running for another week or so.
last hard : oooh thats a tough one.
last rest : ahhh, thats much easier, yesterday.

only 4 weeks 'till 16 week Dublin schedule starts so looking forward to gettig back into a serious routine.

good luck all todays's racers.
08/06/2003 at 11:28
6.9 miles today and did it at Level 3-4 for HRM and it felt a lot better no feeling faint at end and needing too lie down.

Good luck to all racers
08/06/2003 at 12:06
11 miles or so. Slow.

A sort of compromise long run since did about 8 yesterday evening. Looks to be fine racing weather hereabouts. Good luck guys/gals.
Trogs    pirate
08/06/2003 at 12:31
Greetings

Not too many aches after yesterday's unfamiliar exercise (tennis)so efforts on the upper body conditioning in the gym must be doing something. My game was pretty cr@p though!

What - 7 miles slow
Why - only planned to do 5 but got caught up in the wrong group. Only wanted 5 cos I'm doing Tour of Epsom Series with a race every night next week and I can't remember when I last ran 5 days in a row.
Last hard - Thursday
Last easy - Wednesday (resting Fri/Sat)
08/06/2003 at 13:19
What: Housecleaning (done it). Have locked trainers away, as legs need a couple of days off, and I don't want a couple of days off just now. But I wish to save up juice for a long slow run on Tuesday.

Hope everybody's races/long runs/rest days went well.

08/06/2003 at 13:42
Today's run over. 1st part of 4.88 miles done in 7.24m/m showing clubmate Cannon Hall to Bretton leg of boundary relay. Then 7 miles of my leg averaging a respectable 6.51m/m including some pretty overgrown sections and some severe nettles.

Today the bulls showed little interest until I was near the end of the field then trotted over. As I was already on the stile I tried the waving of arms and shouting. They looked at me quizzically then carried on advancing.

Looking forward to race reports later. A nice day for it.
08/06/2003 at 13:43
Home and dissapointed!!

Back from the Beckenham 10k run, and to be honest it was hell, had rested pretty good this week and slept quite well last night so not sure what went wrong.

Was at the start line, which I never normally get to, and started off strong, a big hill right from the off, kinda tough, but pushed on, did not see the first km post but passed the second in 7 mins dead, thought this was good, then a stitch came along and lasted for like the next 4k, I could not shift it, the hill on the main road killed me, I was going flat out and had no more in the legs,decided to keep at a steady pace and give my all towards the end.

From 8k I had felt better so pushed on and went for it, looking at my watch I knew that a PB was not gonna happen in the last km, think I may have slowed at that point coz I was frustrated with the time, but took the last 250m well, came in about 39 min, forgot to stop my watch as I fumbled to grab a water.

So not a PB and not near the 37.20 I was aiming, but I was caught out from the hills, and if I look back at the first 2k, think I went off too fast and suffered.

Enjoyed the run and met up with some forumites which was nice.

Back to the speedwork I guess.
08/06/2003 at 13:44
Hope all racers had a great time.

What: 14 'undulating' miles
Why: It's a really nice route and I'm trying to get back into the habit of regular long runs.
Last hard run: Thursday
Last rest day: Friday

Went over 40 miles this week for the first time since end of Feb/ beginning of March.
08/06/2003 at 13:47
Speedie,
solid run mate, don't be too disappointed, 39 min for 10K is nothing to sniff at and it sounds like a tough course too, so I'd say CONGRATS are in order, nice one.

BTW 7 min for 2K is 35:00 pace!!!!!!!!
08/06/2003 at 13:56
Thanks MM think all I need to do now is work on my speed training and find a nice flat 10k to see what I can actually achieve
I know that a 37 is possible from past runs.
08/06/2003 at 14:29
Well, I've just got back from a "4 mile fun run!!" - it was actually 4 and half and very hilly, and hot - so fun?!!

Anyway, pretty pleased, did my usual trick of starting too fast - 2 x 7:25 ish miles is FAR too fast for me - but finished I think around 36:50 which is 8:11 on average. With the hills involved and the heat I'm chuffed to bits with that! Worryingly tho' my son entered, no prep whatsoever, just thought Oh ok I'll have a go......and finished 37:53 - 7th in his category which was 9- 11 yrs and he is 9!! WOW!!

I'm not looking forward to the day he overtakes me but if he does any training whatsoever I can see it coming!!
1 to 20 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.