Sunday, 9 September 2012

21 to 22 of 22 messages
Blisters    pirate
09/09/2012 at 22:09

Postie, I'm getting excited for you. I just LOVE the Abingdon marathon. It holds the honours for my fastest and least fast/ most enjoyed.

NZC, If you are leading the coaching group, why not tell them to shut the F up, turn the Garmin off, or if they insist keeping it on, to put it in a zipped pocket. Bill the next outing as a "Naked run".

Tom, how do you manage an "unexpected 3 miles off road"? You can't get lost on a regular rat run!
If Beth Tweddle got strapped to a biplane, then there is one place in the UK where I know that this is welcomed. That's near me. The biplanes are owned by Vic Norman, and operate out of a bit of Gloucestershire owned by one Nick Mason, Pink Floyd Drummer and serious car nut. I once popped in there to talk flying, and ended up leaving my business card on the seat of his Ferrari. The 250 GTO. Worth anywhere between 7 and 15 MILLION pounds. He thrashes it for fun, and has even taken the kids to school in it in the snow!

7D, it does seem that you have been to much further swum places than I have. But that's not a surprise. If you can knock out 1000m as 4x250 then just put it into context with running. It's like leaving off from training and thinking that a half marathon in 2 hours is easy. Yeah, right (as my kids would say).
My progress is surprising me. I'm not being boastful, I'm just reporting that I am seeing improvements week by week, but so I should. After 4 months of 3x per week consistent training, with 1x hard session and 2x endurance/consolidation sessions. This past couple of weeks I've been doing 1 mile (64L) twice, plus a hard hour on Sunday. The mile pb'd at 42:15, knocking 5 minutes off the previous week.
I'm ready to step up the distance.
The race today was a clear emphasis in the difference in class. I was 50m behind the next slowest swimmer in our club, over 500m.

Flying was a bit of a nervous one for me. A mental arithmetic error, (mine) which I spotted and corrected. Couldn't spot Avebury for love nor money until i did spot it. Then obvious. Practice forced landings worked well, despite a stonking wind effect. Licence is now signed off, and a quick dash home, or more accurately to the swimming session.

Tonight's swim was a pyramid session, and I just ran out of steam before the end.

Blisters    pirate
09/09/2012 at 22:54

AHA
Provisional results are up from the Cheltenham tri. I was in team TTG2, and it appears that the few marshalls that were in evidence actually did DQ people.
I think that I came 157/389 males, 16/57 age group, and finished in 59:10. Apparently team TTG2 finished in an aggregate time better than any of the others. (Probably due to the DQs).
Best of all, it was a glorious day, and I hope that the local press make the most of it, because it was fantastically photogenic. BTW, the T shirt is fantastic, it's a heavy cotton with real embroidery! (Mine got dirty from chain ring marks before I got home).

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 22 of 22 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.