Sunday morning runs - No energy

21 to 23 of 23 messages
29/01/2013 at 19:01
RicF / Skinny Fetish Fan - you are both dirty minded, smutty, naughty boys. You ought to be ashamed of yourselves
31/01/2013 at 20:05

I get a stitch If I drink too much, I learned early on you need much less water than you think, especially in these current temperatures.  Most of your hydration comes the day before, just a few mouthfuls before I go out at most unless I"m running over 13 or 14 miles in which case I may hide a water bottle out on the course.

04/02/2013 at 09:45

Thanks for the extra input folks.  There is a balance to be found for eating the night before and the morning of the run.  

She decided not to run on Wednesday and Friday night last week, but took on a 10 mile Sunday morning run yesterday.  Normal morning routine, although she took some Lucozade with her in addition to her bottle of water.  She found the extra days rest and Lucozade a massive help.  She had to walk for a short section, but returned home much happier compared to last week.  It was great to see her enjoying her running again and seeing her make progress.  Two small bottles of Lucozade was consumed, and only a few mouthfuls of water.

She is going to cut down from four runs to two runs and a short gym session a week.  Even I have found four runs too much, and my left knee has been sore of late, so I rested up last week as well and will be cutting my running down now that I’m doing 12 miles on a Sunday.

All of these changes improved her long Sunday run which is the main objective, and next week she'll tackle the same distance and route again but try to improve her time, and reduce how much she has to walk.  She also has been focusing on her breathing technique, as she was breathing too shallow which we think was bringing on the stitch.

Thanks for the advice and pointers, I’m hoping we’ve knocked this on the head and she can focus on her training.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.