Sunday Session - 22 December

21 to 23 of 23 messages
22/12/2002 at 23:17
Evening all, haven't posted for a few days but I've still been getting my runs in, honestly.

Congrats on all long runs today, Hilly I am impressed, and on a Sunday am too. Mike, I've no doubt you'll fly on race day, don't forget you'll have tapered properly (won't you??) by then, and the excitement of the race will add too your training.

Hope I don't break the rules (Mike!) by posting my so called race report here:
What: shambolic attempt at Langdale xmas pud 10K.
Why: got up late, unsucessfully tried to organise 9 people to be ready by 10.15 to leave, ended up going separately with 2 running partners, leaving others slumped in front of telly/getting dressed. Got to the race, registration closed and race oversubscribed so just did the route with a friend who's still getting used to running; we were last!
It was actually a lovely day for running, and the valley is beautiful, and the mulled wine in the pub afterwards very nice too ( a few stragglers from my family turned up for the pub bit!). I was secretly relieved not to have to race hard as I've spent the week with very painful sinuses but have still got my miles in, just at a gentler pace. I know this is bad practice, but can't bear to have more than 3 days off in a week no matter how awful I feel...
Last hard: Tues 3.5 hr run.
Last rest: thurs

Happy last minute shopping all.
22/12/2002 at 23:18
Laura, i hope you enjoyed it, cos it sounds like fun
what running SHOULD be about
Wasthere a good party the night before?
23/12/2002 at 09:50
17 or 18 miles in two bits - one with the only other club member to turn up - nice to run at a slower pace. That was 11 or 12, and then added a six later after some toast and tea.

Laura - a three and a half hour run Tuesday - I'm impressed!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.