Sunday session - 27 October

21 to 25 of 25 messages
27/10/2002 at 21:34
Initially was going to wuss out and do a treadmill session, but had a change of heart.

What: 5 mile fartlek
why: Nothing yesterday, nothing tomorrow.
27/10/2002 at 23:37
Worksop 1/2 M cancelled with 1 minutes notice, literally!
What: Ran back to the car drove to the gym and did 8M hard on the treadmill - hard because 1. I tried and 2. I find treadmills boring.
Why? Because I was full of carbohydrates with no race to run.
28/10/2002 at 11:13
For some reason I picked uesterday for my first run back after too long a lay off. Wussed out and went for the treadmill option, did two miles.

Come evening I decided that wasn't enough and did a 6 outside in the wind, which was subdued by then. Quite chuffed to have only lost 3 minutes on my PB, but legs hurt like buggery today! Left leg still playing up in spite of the physio and the heel lift!

Felt good though apart from that - exhilirating running in the wind when it wasn't blowing me backwards!!
28/10/2002 at 16:11
Had a slight calf injury last week - felt very tight and almost cramp-like, especially when running downhill. Not sure what it is but apparently it might be a strain of the soleus muscle or shin splints - both of which can be caused by too much hill running. I have recently moved to a hilly area and my legs are probably still getting used to the change in terrain.

The plan was to run yesterday, having not run since Wednesday last week. Decided to give it a miss owing to extremely adverse weather conditions - didn't fancy being crushed by a falling tree!

I now plan to run tonight, taking it quite easy - will probably do 30 minutes or so or around 3.5/4 miles, depending on how my calf feels. Unfortunately I have come down with a cold over the weekend but am hoping the run will sweat it out. I'm sure the fact I ran twice last week lowered my immunity sufficiently to bring it on in the first place!
28/10/2002 at 20:02
New to running, getting there eventually, Ive started to do a long run on a Sunday, did my first 7 miles yesterday in not the best weather, very wet, windy and cold it took 69 minutes - not brilliant I know - but as I say I am new to running. Hoping to impove with speed sessions, fartlek and recovery runs! Am I going in the right direction? any advice would be appreciated?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.