Sunday Session - Remembrance Sunday

21 to 27 of 27 messages
10/11/2002 at 17:59
What:attempted long run(post session lsast might)
Only managed just over 4 miles, totally exhausted
Guess that tells me something, doesnt it
10/11/2002 at 18:41
Mike S, I'll be interested to hear how your legs feel tomorrow!

What: 45 minutes turbo trainer
Why: legs still sore from yesterday's 18 miler
10/11/2002 at 18:55
What: 2M onthe treadmill.
Why:this is only third day back to running after calf injury. Very easy pace. Followed by cycling.

Calf and tendon v stiff in the morning when I get up but eases off after a couple of times up and down the stairs, I'm assuming that this will slowly disappear over time. So nice to be running again.
10/11/2002 at 19:21
What: Stowmarket Striders Scenic 7 (just passed 94th pre-race fitness test - needn't have worried)
Why: Because it's there

Last hard: today
Last rest: yesterday

Agreed, Natty, nice touch having the silence beforehand. First time I've ever done it whilst freezing by a bus stop in driving rain. Not sure how many runners were 100% focused on remembrance though.
10/11/2002 at 20:11
What: 10 miler in the rain round the villages. Went through one village a few minutes before 11 am and the crowds were standing under umbrellas singing hyms before the silence. By the time we reached the next village, we'd missed the silence.
Why: recovering still from general aches and pains (ear infection, snuffles)

last hard: Last Tuesday
last rest: yesterday.
10/11/2002 at 20:35
Well done Snicks for x-country. Don't be too hard on yourself, after all, you have quite recently done a marathon!
10/11/2002 at 22:28
Vrap, I bet your fitness will come back much quicker than you think. Good luck.

Thanks for congrats Dustin and others. Hilly, many congratulations on your PB yesterday, can't believe you've gone out and done another 10 miles today! Hope you felt fine... Shame Dorset and Cumbria are so far apart as we'd both enjoy each other's terrain I'm sure.

Snicks - well done on xcountry - was it hard? I'm supposed to be doing my first next Sat.

Mike - sounds like your son is following in your footsteps, that must be fun. Congrats on your longest run for 20 yrs! Have you signed up for Helsby?

What: 4 miles quick route, wearing brand new flashing armband I got in a bikeshop - recommended for winter visibility and only £8.
Why: Needed long run really, but didn't get up 'til late (bliss) and then decided to keep family sweet having disappeared off yesterday for most of the day. Anyway, have cunning plan to sneak in long run on Fri this week.
Last hard: yesterday
last rest: Fri

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.