Sunderland then Edinburgh Marathon

2 messages
06/02/2013 at 16:34

Hello!!!

I've signed up for the Sunderland Marathon and the Edinburgh Marathon.

I'm looking for do a sub3:30 in the Sunderland and a sub 3:15 in the Edinburgh.

I'm struggling to formulate a clear training plan.  I've already done 4 weeks pretraining (6 days, 2 lsr of 12m&16).  How to I taper off for both races while still having time to do enough LSRs of up to 20m?  Maybe I don't taper off for Sunderland?

Is anyone else facing a similar dilemma or have any advice?

Richard.

06/02/2013 at 19:38

I don't know the time between both maras. Is it a month? or three weeks?

I would train as standard for the sunderland mara, with the taper. I would recover and then aim to 'keep it steady' in the weeks leading up to Edinburgh.

I wouldn't expect to improve your time much for edinburgh ( you never know though, these things just happen out of the blue sometimes) but in my experience despite feeling good on the start line - you will suffer in the last 10k of the second mara. this is the experience of my club mates also.

enjoy though

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.