Super Speed sessions: confused

3 messages
03/02/2005 at 16:24
My schedule is usually as follows;

Sat - Long Run 1.5 hrs+
Tues - Tempo run with club 7m
Thurs - 6m speed trng (interval)
Sun+Mon - 3-4 m easy

A recent article in the magazine advocated Super Speed Sessions with two sessions a week but I always thought you were supposed to allow 2 days between key sessions like Long Run, Tempo and Speed so how can this be accommodated? Drop the tempo run?
04/02/2005 at 20:51
Try using a longer training cycle, say 10 days. It is very difficult to fit all key sessions into a 7 day week assuming you are having 1 or 2 days per week rest.

Alternatively use periodisation. So that you are not trying to fit every key session into a single week. Instead do long run + tempo per week, then tempo + speed each week for example.
04/02/2005 at 21:38
Thanks for the reply. It's a neat idea - think I saw a previous article in RW on it but had forgotten. This type of schedule might help around work / time issues etc.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.