Swim or run day before

7 messages
07/10/2011 at 19:27

What do you think? Gentle 20 minute swim or 20 mimute run, day before a marathon.

Last run was 2.5 mile slow one on thursday.

(also - I cycle to work).

07/10/2011 at 20:57

I alway go for a light jog the day before a Mara 20-25 mins max

08/10/2011 at 08:40

very gentle splash in a pool sounds good for me, relaxing and not using any of you legs reserves.

09/10/2011 at 16:47
I would opt for the gentle swim if you feel like you need to do something although personally I would probably just completely rest my legs so that you are nice and fresh for race day!
09/10/2011 at 17:55

I like swimming as I find it relaxes my legs and I run better after swimming.

I also drop the cycle commute - yikes, bit late to advise for that now. I never cycle the week before a key race.

09/10/2011 at 19:30
yeah - bit late! But thanks anyway. Will give up cycle commute week before next time....did go for a easyish swim...maybe it helped. Got round ok in the end (Liverpool)...although last part was of course a bit of a struggle.
09/10/2011 at 20:54
I was there today, sadly not running but cheering from the sidelines and totally agree the final bit of the course is tough!  Well done 15West hope you're taking it easy now! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.