Taking 1/2 marathon time to next level!

1 message
16/08/2012 at 18:05

Hi all. Right, so I did the 2011 Sheffield half marathon. With little long distance training ( think the furthest I'd actually run was 6/7 miles) and came in at 1hr27, and actually really enjoyed it. I promised myself to do more long distance after that but didn't. A couple months after that I joined the Marines then due to family came out about 10 weeks ago so have been keeping myself fit. 

Now I am keen to really try and get into my running. From an experienced runners point of view, do you think it would be possible , whilst keeping to a training regime like the 1/2 marathon ones on here that maybe by mid 2013 could maybe start hitting sub 1hr20 half marathons-maybe even closer to 1.15? Any training tips/advice much appreciated. Thanks 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.