Talkback: Ask the Experts: Half-Marathon Training with Bud Baldaro

2 messages
26/06/2012 at 21:50

good stuff by Bud

the right mix of caution and encouragement, much needed by the over-enthusiastic, and by the overweight !!!

many thanks (from a man with sore calfs) from oxfordshire

01/07/2012 at 22:12
The GNR is my challenge for my 60th year!  I started running with Race for Life 9yrs ago and have done a few 10K - slowly - 1hr 20. I am about 1stone overweight and I usually run 2-3x/wk but feel I always run at the same pace and don't get any faster/fitter. If I run with others I let them do the talking as I feel I need all my breath for running! I have downloaded a SmartCoach programme but find I am running quite a bit faster at 11-12min/mile rather than the 13-15min/mile scheduled (I use a Nike sensor). Yesterday on my Long Run I tried to slow more but felt I was barely jogging. I live in the Lake District so hills are obligatory! I run mainly off road. Should I adjust the schedule to a faster 10k time?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.