Talkback: How exercise regulates your appetite

2 messages
26/01/2014 at 19:28

After a 60 minute run, water melon and an orange and a nice glass of skimmed milk would be my number 1 choice...after a 2 hour run, it's a nice glass of skimmed milk and half a cheesecake, the fruit salad will be picked at over the following hour.

27/01/2014 at 12:12

After a 60 minute run, or up to maybe 15 miles at moderate pace I'd jump all over the watermelon, but if I'm racing half marathon or running 20+ miles I often get cravings for very high calorie foods such as KFC or pizza! I know you might see a connection to this and my user name, but actually a lof of the guys I run ultras with tend to agree.

I think that your body craves the water after a shorter run, but realises it needs the calories if you go harder/longer.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.