Talkback: Increase your ‘Athletic IQ’

2 messages
27/12/2012 at 23:01

Another excellent article; on par with the 12 commandments. I was reassured i'm not a crazy one by (often enough on my down hill pursuits) imagining myself as a warewolf hunting down my prey - sometimes being chased by one* (makes you forget about the pain). *Yes an imaginary one. (try not to look behind you too much or you will end up on your face in the mud).

On a more sober note. The 'another 30 seconds and ill be at the top of the hill and the pain is over' tip, is very useful.

03/01/2013 at 17:18

This really struck a chord!! I haven't been running for long so I'm a rapidly improving beginner but I find that mind over matter really helps.

I run a lot of trails, it sounds mental but I like to imagine myself as sort of half man, half beast, ripping through the countryside like a wild animal!!

So interesting to read the comments above as others seem to have similar thoughts!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.