Talkback: Introducing ASICS Target 26.2

21 to 40 of 108 messages
31/10/2011 at 15:27
Do you have to run Paris? I'm running Boston that weekend but would still love the mentoring and support.
31/10/2011 at 16:01

Hi Corndoll, the prize is specifically the Paris Marathon. All the winners went with the coaches and RW/ASICS team for the race weekend last year (you can see a video from the race at the top of the article) and all seemed to have a great time with the coaching and support 'on tap' all weekend.

Any more queries let me know - and I hope you do apply!

Alice

31/10/2011 at 22:26
I have entered and am feeling hugely excited!! Just keeping everything crossed!! Good luck to all who enter!!
01/11/2011 at 00:04

Thanks Alice but I have already got my place confirmed for the Boston Marathon in 2012. As 2013 is even harder to qualify for and have already paid $200 for the entry I don't really want to pull out even if I got selected by you.

I just wondered if the team would support your training towards any spring marathon with the understanding you paid the associated costs of a different race yourself. But if it has to be Paris you run then I'll have to apply next year instead.

Good Luck to everyone else though. 

01/11/2011 at 20:16

I have just filled in the form for this competition, but got to the end of the form and there was no 'send' button???  Am I being completely thick?  Can you let me know what is going on?  Thanks.

01/11/2011 at 21:01
Ooh count me in - this sounds like such an amazing opportunity! Started running a year ago and have won first race but would love to see what I could achieve with some professional coaching! Also could definitely do with some new Asics!
02/11/2011 at 08:57
Sounds quality, entered this last year so definitely going to have another crack.
02/11/2011 at 13:11

I have the same problem! Any suggestions please or once we upload our image are we automatically entered into the competition? 

This is such an amazing opportinity, I really don't want to miss out!  

seren nos yn canu    pirate
02/11/2011 at 13:18
you should get the message about you are entered and that they will phone you by 30th nov if you are successful......

Corndoll.........although you won't be able to enter the competition.....Steve last year was great at giving advice to everyone on the official thread.even if you were doing another spring marathon...
just wait until the winners are selected and join in the thread that is closest to your aims........

stephen.I would recommend the same to you......if you don't win join in one of the winners threads and you will gain a lot of advice even if you don't win the kit etc......
02/11/2011 at 13:21

There should be a 'submit' button at the bottom of the page, underneath all the check boxes of how much spam you want to receive.

02/11/2011 at 16:17
I am surprised that they ask for your shoes size on application......will they chuck you out if your feet are too big or too small.......I would hope that if you win then the asics people would do a gait and a sizing analysis on you as there shoes measure different to others.......
by asking the size before hand makes it sound that they just post you any old spare shoe
03/11/2011 at 14:13

Flog them on ebay and wear your prefered shoe.

Did I say that? I meant to say Asics shoes fit my feet perfectly and I love every pair. The colours are just amazing and really suit my eyes. or someting like that anyway.

Their clothes don't fit me either.

03/11/2011 at 14:29
I Mouse.........my problem is not with asics,,,,,,,,,,,,,in fact my running and trail shoes are asics.........but why do they need to know your shoe size to enter the competition........I would hope that to ensure that the runners do not suffer from problems they should analyse and fit the winners properly.........
03/11/2011 at 16:46
Part of the prize involves a trip to the London Asics store for gait analysis and kit. I was fairly sure that was the case but just went back to check up on it. Maybe they don't want anyone who they can't kit out to win.
03/11/2011 at 17:12
thanks I Mouse..I missed that........so asking the size of feet and clothing must just be to get rid of any super petite people and any overly large people..............for my size i did state medium man as women's kit is never big enough for me.............i wonder if that will stop me from being shortlisted............
03/11/2011 at 17:14

The Grayshott Giggler wrote (see)

I have just filled in the form for this competition, but got to the end of the form and there was no 'send' button???  Am I being completely thick?  Can you let me know what is going on?  Thanks.

JennaDP wrote (see)

I have the same problem! Any suggestions please or once we upload our image are we automatically entered into the competition? 

This is such an amazing opportinity, I really don't want to miss out!  

Were both of you logged in when you tried to submit your entry? If you weren't, there won't be a submit button.
Edited: 03/11/2011 at 17:14
03/11/2011 at 18:36
 You mean you can log out. I thought once you'd logged in you were in for life.
03/11/2011 at 18:38
I suppose being logged in first is vital..otherwise we could just enter on behalf of other people.................now that would be interesting
03/11/2011 at 18:52

I've just had a look at the entry form and you can delete all the details including user ID so providing you know your intended's email address, you're in, or should I say they are

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
03/11/2011 at 21:13

I applied today as well, quite excited   but I can't recall ever having won anything, ever , but if you don't buy a ticket you'll never win the lottery (probably why lottery is a seperate expense line on my monthly expenditure statement" - bit like that Lloyds advert o TV with advertising the "money manager", where it flags pet expenses, and then cuts to the hamster with a gold cage and a swimming pool, well I bank with lloyds and the national lottery is my hamster! anyway, i digress terribly....

The prize sounds fantastic and as a first timer, what an way to complete your first marathon, i'm crossing everything i've got, just hope my application is enough to get longlisted - when you consider how many people will be applying, that in itself would be an achievement!

Did anyone here go through the "selection" rounds last year?

21 to 40 of 108 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.