Talkback: Introducing ASICS Target 26.2

81 to 100 of 108 messages
14/11/2011 at 16:08

Submitted my entry form for this last week.

Are you supposed to get a confirmation email to say your form has been received by RW?

Thanks.

14/11/2011 at 17:42
No don't think so g24. Think it's just a case of waiting to see if you make the cut !

Good luck!
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
14/11/2011 at 18:25
Runny - night run with toddler in a push chair sounds great, nothing like cross training while you run! That's very efficient!!

G24, I agree with apple, no one got a confirmation but I did figure out that if you went back on to the application form after submission the site recognised my details and confirmed I'd already submitted an application... Probably doesn't help you per se, except piece of mind that no one else got a conformation either.

14/11/2011 at 19:30
Thanks guys.
15/11/2011 at 18:18
Enter this every year and never get anywhere, is this finally going to be my time to shine
15/11/2011 at 18:39

Runny - I know it's off topic but was wondering what sort of pushchair you've got to run with. My better half is due in March and am looking for a good pram/pushchair to take running

15/11/2011 at 20:12

Hi Oz,

I've got a Mothercare My3 (I didn't buy it for running as only started running a year ago!) - bought it because it turned from a flat lying pram to a funky looking pushchair and it handled well.

However ... it's got pneumatic tyres so is cracking off road (I clock quite a few cross country miles with it), it's stable and there's still plenty of room for Lily in it and she's 2 now! Oh ... and it's fairly nimble - can manage a sub 30 minute 5km cross country with her in it. (The kissing gates are a bit of a pain with it though! )

16/11/2011 at 19:31
Much appreciated! Will look it up!
16/11/2011 at 22:12

any light at the end of the tunnel (other than a train that is?)

wow, i'm wearing a hole in the carpet, must be less excited, must be less excited...

18/11/2011 at 12:33

Think of the improved metabolism for all of us anxiously waiting to see if we have made the first cut.

It is not just  the excitment, but the extra mouse clicking to see if there is any news anywhere, whilst looking over our shoulders to make sure our bosses cant see what we are doing!!

Im going nuts

18/11/2011 at 13:59
Apparently the lucky ones are notified today.....
Good luck.
18/11/2011 at 15:05
How do you know that Andrew? I'm curious?

...and obviously excited even though my phone hasn't rung all day
18/11/2011 at 15:06
God so sorry, thinking one thing and typing another LOL - apologies MATTHEW!!!!
18/11/2011 at 15:30
I wonder when we'll get the notifications...most of runnersworld email end up in my spam list and I have just deleted without checking!!!
18/11/2011 at 15:39

Bollocks, I didn't make it

According to their FB page, they posted about 45 minutes ago that successful applicants have been e-mailed and to make sure to check your spam filters. 

Well done to those that did make it through.

18/11/2011 at 17:03
I think I managed to enter - am now just busting a gut waiting for a phone call! Or not, as the case will probably be .  Ah well, best of luck to one and all that have entered, and may the people that get it have a fantastic time.  I will be extremely jealous!
18/11/2011 at 17:28
Do u get an email regardless? I.e. Either saying you did or didn't make it to round 1? Does anyone know?
19/11/2011 at 15:36

Have you got my correct email ?  Perhaps try and re-send it !!

Yet again I missed the cut, gutted .

FH 

19/11/2011 at 17:09

Funny Hat -  why are you gutted?  You can still run a marathon and a PB. 

I think I got a lot more out of the Forum Six last year than some of the winners in the official competition.  No money value prizes of course but if its really just the coaching/mentoring you're after you can find it right here on these forums.

19/11/2011 at 17:23
Minni wrote (see)

Funny Hat -  why are you gutted?  You can still run a marathon and a PB. 

I think I got a lot more out of the Forum Six last year than some of the winners in the official competition.  No money value prizes of course but if its really just the coaching/mentoring you're after you can find it right here on these forums.

I so agree with Minni.  I'm still getting the benefit from last year's Forum 6 and would encourage anyone to join in with it again this year. It complements the Asics thing perfectly without taking anything away from the winners.  
81 to 100 of 108 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.