Talkback: Nike+ SportWatch GPS: Sneak Preview

21 to 31 of 31 messages
16/02/2011 at 22:49
I have heard that it is really good with no issues with the touch screen. The Nike Watch will be available from the TomTom & Nike websites from early April, it will defo be over £150. It wil have a 'soft' launch in the UK at first, to drive purchases through the Nike store. It may be may be  availble from more high street retail/etailers from May/June.
03/03/2011 at 18:20
Quick update guys, the watch will be on sale at the Nike Store online from April 1 at an RRP of £179.99.
03/03/2011 at 18:30
Blimey that's expensive when  you think what you get with the Garmin 305 for £70 less.
Olb
06/03/2011 at 11:13

They seem to be getting preorders organised now:  Achilles Hell say they're taking them from the 1st April for £180, but the units won't ship until March 2nd.

Seeing as the apparently-more-fuctional 305 has just about hit £100 on Amazon I doubt the Nike will take the market by storm...

07/03/2011 at 07:10
I just heard a rumour that it will be £99
11/03/2011 at 18:42
Yep so i have just brought a non working/charging Garmin 305 on ebay £30, garmin refurbed it for £40 i have enough change for a years worth of race entries!  simples! tch...
31/03/2011 at 14:48

Hail Hail

Got one!!!  Its incredibly user-friendly, and as accurate as a Garmin.  Available from Sweatshop online now, and in-store from tomorrow.  £179.

Anybody who seriously thinks that they can get a brand new top of the range GPS unit with all the functionality that this has is deluding themselves.  Older Garmin models are cheaper, but nowhere near as easy to set-up and use as this.

31/03/2011 at 14:49

Hail Hail

Oh yeah, forgot to say - no other UK retailer will have it until May1st.  Achilles Heel will just have to wait!

01/04/2011 at 09:45
The touch screen is to switch the light on. One tap and it's on for around 5 seconds.
30/10/2011 at 00:51

On the Ventus watch, I have it and it's a great product, especially for the price. One issue is that you need to leave the watch sitting for 30 seconds before it synchs with the GPS, but is fine after that. 

I think that it may now be discontinued by maplin where I bought it. 

Colum

22/11/2011 at 13:21
clearly the reviewer of this product has not - like me - spent hours in help forums and on the phone to Nike trying to get the damn watch to connect to the computer. This watch is the coolest design ever but a total disaster. I have tried other computers but same experience - the watch is just not picked up (on either a Mac or a PC). I would thoroughly recommend that you do not buy this product. If in doubt do a search to see how many people have had the experience that I have had. NOT RECOMMENDED.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 31 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.