11/11/2010 at 19:03
Lol so they did !!   

Can of red spray paint at the ready!
PSC    pirate
11/11/2010 at 19:10
Like the sound of this.
11/11/2010 at 20:23
Moraghan wrote (see)

This looks like a really great opportunity assuming the coaches won't be tied into an off the shelf schedule, a more realistic marathon day goal setting process is used and a more thorough vetting of the candidates is put in place (which looks like happening).

Someone is going to be very fortunate to be coached by Bud Baldaro.

If this is done properly this has the potential to be excellent, it really does.

I dare you to enter
11/11/2010 at 20:32

Interesting!  I like the idea of the boot camp to assess fitness, discuss injury history and your target time.

I'd consider entering but I'm sure it would end up being an injury curse (I'm a bit fragile at the moment as it is), especially if my only choice of lightweight support shoe for the race was the DS Trainer. 

12/11/2010 at 21:33
"Personalised dietary, physio and sports psychology support from the ASICS PRO Team throughout your training"
It looks to me like things have been learnt from previous years and if the sports psychology bit is serious, then I reckon the six chosen will be very well looked after.
I wish all the applicants well and hope they have a fantastic time. It sounds really good and looks like the people who are applying will be serious about doing "a" marathon rather than "the" marathon.
I had a whale of a time on the SSX 2010 project and it was just a shame I managed to acheive the target 5 weeks later than planned!
seren nos    pirate
12/11/2010 at 22:37
If they have listened to the feedback last year and improved the training schedules then i think i will be interested in following some of them.....I was on a couple of threads last year
12/11/2010 at 22:43

Best of luck to all. Last year was awesome, an experience I still treasure, and I expect this year will be even better.

With the benefit of hindsight the best advice I can give to all the newer runners (ie like me last year) thinking of applying is you need to build the mile base now. Don't think of a mara as 16 weeks training only if you want to avoid injury and fulfil your potential.

14/11/2010 at 16:47
Ah the temptation to apply again...lost out to Spinkletoes last year (a worthy winner though). Does anyone know if being shortlisted last year precludes you from being shortlisted this year?
14/11/2010 at 20:10
Well it may well entice new members and so it should - at the very least it's awoken this sleepy member.  This opportunity seems to have a lot more pros than cons - true Paris ain't no London but you also get to go to Birmingham...or is it Manchester ? Those 4 December locations under 'Who we're looking for' and 'how to apply' perhaps point to the first test of endurance running??
15/11/2010 at 11:39

I've entered already. what a fantastic opportunity to learn from such experienced people. I've not been a member on here for long, and i have not made that many posts, but i follow the site avidly, i'd love to win this. I've never done a marathon before, but it's been a goal for a long while now.

As much as i'm sure the London is "The" marathon so many people want to run, i'm sure that the Paris marathon will be every bit as good.

Fingers crossed.

15/11/2010 at 14:15

As Super Gibo say's!

I am planing to do my first Marathon in 2011 anyway so this has really come at the right time for me!

My form was sent in on Friday so fingers crossed I at least get to see some of you in Birmingham or Manchester on the 4th.

15/11/2010 at 16:25

i think this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to learn from experienced runners, nutritionists, etc

time to download the application form....

15/11/2010 at 17:08

As usual at this time of the year, when an application comes to me via email I fill it in and hope for the best.  Actually I do that with any competition and the number I have won are very low, or close to zero in reality.  But perhaps this time... 

However the opportunity to work with a professional sports team is not to be missed

16/11/2010 at 08:06

Me and my friend are going to do the New York in 2011, so this comes at a very good time to get professional help. 

16/11/2010 at 12:05

Hi folks,

Apologies - just to clarify, the selection day will take place in Birmingham (not Manchester). Looking forward to reading all your applications (it may take a while..!)

Alice

16/11/2010 at 13:45

This is an amazing opportunity! I hadn't heard about it last year, but will definitely be applying.

Can anyone advise on how comprehensive my application should be, especially with regard to the strenghts and weaknesses boxes?

Thanks,

K

16/11/2010 at 16:34

I think this sounds like a well thought out competition prize this year.  It will be interesting to see what the improved schedules bring, and, maybe the schedules will be tailor made for the individuals. 

Also, the selection days seem like a good idea.   A good chance for the lucky participants to learn exactly what is involved and what is expected of them in return for the coaching, as well as the coaches getting to see the hopefuls at work. 

This is a very valuable prize: personalised dietary, physio and sports psychology support from the ASICS PRO Team throughout the training, schedules, training days, all the gear.  Its every marathon runners dream! 

16/11/2010 at 16:43
Kryptonite -  I am no expert but I would say keep to the point and be honest. 
16/11/2010 at 22:27

Well I have entered. 

I don't mind that its not London, in fact it will give me a chance to use my CSE French !! LOL

I never win any competitions so would be well surprised if I get the call !!  good luck to everyone who enters.

17/11/2010 at 01:10
This looks like another great opportunity for 6 lucky people. I entered last year but didn't get anywhere like most people. I followed AndyV on the sub4 schedule and it was very helpful and motivational, and helped me hit my sub4 time (just). Andy, all of the forumites and Steve MC were great (seren nos) I see you're on here already.
I'm definately going to apply again later today
Simon
21 to 40 of 644 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.