Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

21 to 40 of 704 messages
11/11/2010 at 17:30
Have they airbrushed all the VLM bits off the jackets in the photo??
11/11/2010 at 18:49

Well spotted Flat Footed!

Before   and After

I think I'm entering this anyway.  But 100 words isn't very much.

11/11/2010 at 18:55
Soup Dragon wrote (see)

But 100 words isn't very much.

Isn't that the point Soup?

Can't say I blame RW for not wanting  to read loads of really long entries either. Good luck!
M...eldy    pirate
11/11/2010 at 19:03
Lol so they did !!   

Can of red spray paint at the ready!
PSC    pirate
11/11/2010 at 19:10
Like the sound of this.
kittenkat    pirate
11/11/2010 at 20:18
M...eldy wrote (see)
Lol so they did !!   

Can of red spray paint at the ready!

So, a fall out with Lucozade do you think?

11/11/2010 at 20:23
Moraghan wrote (see)

This looks like a really great opportunity assuming the coaches won't be tied into an off the shelf schedule, a more realistic marathon day goal setting process is used and a more thorough vetting of the candidates is put in place (which looks like happening).

Someone is going to be very fortunate to be coached by Bud Baldaro.

If this is done properly this has the potential to be excellent, it really does.

I dare you to enter
kittenkat    pirate
11/11/2010 at 20:26

I've entered, I always enter. I just feel as soon as I put my forum name on it, game over.

I'm going to pretend to be someone else next year.

kittenkat    pirate
11/11/2010 at 20:29
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/227429/gallery/rabbit_wants_carrot.gif?width=100&height=100&mode=max

(Disclaimer: I'm joking about 2 out of 3 of those comments above)

11/11/2010 at 20:32

Interesting!  I like the idea of the boot camp to assess fitness, discuss injury history and your target time.

I'd consider entering but I'm sure it would end up being an injury curse (I'm a bit fragile at the moment as it is), especially if my only choice of lightweight support shoe for the race was the DS Trainer. 

12/11/2010 at 21:33
"Personalised dietary, physio and sports psychology support from the ASICS PRO Team throughout your training"
It looks to me like things have been learnt from previous years and if the sports psychology bit is serious, then I reckon the six chosen will be very well looked after.
I wish all the applicants well and hope they have a fantastic time. It sounds really good and looks like the people who are applying will be serious about doing "a" marathon rather than "the" marathon.
I had a whale of a time on the SSX 2010 project and it was just a shame I managed to acheive the target 5 weeks later than planned!
seren nos    pirate
12/11/2010 at 22:37
If they have listened to the feedback last year and improved the training schedules then i think i will be interested in following some of them.....I was on a couple of threads last year
12/11/2010 at 22:43

Best of luck to all. Last year was awesome, an experience I still treasure, and I expect this year will be even better.

With the benefit of hindsight the best advice I can give to all the newer runners (ie like me last year) thinking of applying is you need to build the mile base now. Don't think of a mara as 16 weeks training only if you want to avoid injury and fulfil your potential.

14/11/2010 at 16:47
Ah the temptation to apply again...lost out to Spinkletoes last year (a worthy winner though). Does anyone know if being shortlisted last year precludes you from being shortlisted this year?
14/11/2010 at 20:10
Well it may well entice new members and so it should - at the very least it's awoken this sleepy member.  This opportunity seems to have a lot more pros than cons - true Paris ain't no London but you also get to go to Birmingham...or is it Manchester ? Those 4 December locations under 'Who we're looking for' and 'how to apply' perhaps point to the first test of endurance running??
15/11/2010 at 11:39

I've entered already. what a fantastic opportunity to learn from such experienced people. I've not been a member on here for long, and i have not made that many posts, but i follow the site avidly, i'd love to win this. I've never done a marathon before, but it's been a goal for a long while now.

As much as i'm sure the London is "The" marathon so many people want to run, i'm sure that the Paris marathon will be every bit as good.

Fingers crossed.

15/11/2010 at 14:15

As Super Gibo say's!

I am planing to do my first Marathon in 2011 anyway so this has really come at the right time for me!

My form was sent in on Friday so fingers crossed I at least get to see some of you in Birmingham or Manchester on the 4th.

15/11/2010 at 16:25

i think this sounds like a fantastic opportunity to learn from experienced runners, nutritionists, etc

time to download the application form....

15/11/2010 at 17:08

As usual at this time of the year, when an application comes to me via email I fill it in and hope for the best.  Actually I do that with any competition and the number I have won are very low, or close to zero in reality.  But perhaps this time... 

However the opportunity to work with a professional sports team is not to be missed

16/11/2010 at 08:06

Me and my friend are going to do the New York in 2011, so this comes at a very good time to get professional help. 

21 to 40 of 704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.