Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

41 to 60 of 644 messages
17/11/2010 at 01:24

This is my first actual post on here - done lots of searches on here for advice, events and plans and posted reviews of races over the last couple of years, but not actually put fingers to keyboard on the forum.  Not because I haven't wanted too though, just a time thing with being a single working parent of two teenagers.

A friend and I had been looking for a Spring Marathon and we've not long signed up for Edinburgh in May, but this opportunity to get coaching for Paris is too good to miss.  I hope not having been a regular poster won't go too much against me -  I wouldn't be surprised if once I get started you all want me to shut up.

Oh well the entries in now, so fingers crossed

17/11/2010 at 02:10
Entry in, but am not holding my breath.
seren nos    pirate
17/11/2010 at 07:54
Alli Bongo wrote (see)

This is my first actual post on here - done lots of searches on here for advice, events and plans and posted reviews of races over the last couple of years, but not actually put fingers to keyboard on the forum.  Not because I haven't wanted too though, just a time thing with being a single working parent of two teenagers.

A friend and I had been looking for a Spring Marathon and we've not long signed up for Edinburgh in May, but this opportunity to get coaching for Paris is too good to miss.  I hope not having been a regular poster won't go too much against me -  I wouldn't be surprised if once I get started you all want me to shut up.

Oh well the entries in now, so fingers crossed

Alli Bongo.................you will have to kick the teenagers out so that you will have the time to post.............part of the prize is that you have to kepp the rest of us informed and entertained............night and day.............

17/11/2010 at 08:42
Having entered the same process the last couple of years, but of course for the London Marathon, there is definitely less chatter on this competition which I suppose could indicate less people have entered which I suppose is because shifting it a few miles further puts people off.  I reckon that if next year it shifts to Australia I will definitely get a place! 
17/11/2010 at 10:01
I like your thinking John! 
17/11/2010 at 10:22

I could be thinking too deep about this Minni.  Perhaps its because of my profile, I'm too old, they don't think they could ever do anything for me, I'm too slow they don't think they could ever do anything for me, I can't write a compelling reason on my application to pick me.

Or perhaps that's just paranoia as opposed to deep thinking.  Perhaps they don't select people with paranoia though I don't think I mentioned it anywhere.  Its a worry isn't it?

17/11/2010 at 10:23

Andy,

Dont worry about holding your breath, but you should be tucked up in bed t 2.10AM !!  

17/11/2010 at 10:39

I just recieved the email and i must say it sounds tempting. I have just ran the Snowdon 3-4 weeks ago and found it really hard near the end, it actually took me 1hour an 16 mins to run the last 4 mile over the hill down to the finish. With a finishing time of 4:13

but after the run i want more lots more. My aim now is to run a hundred marathons before am 50.

I have only wrote on the forum 3 or 4 times. but would love the oppotunity to get professional help with all aspects of running.

Good luck to all that enter sounds a great package.
17/11/2010 at 11:02
Perhaps I won't get a place because I normally wear Nike shoes, though if anybody from Asics is reading these I have had a pair, two I think, of Asics before.  And of course if anybody from RW is reading these they will know I enter every competition (and I haven't won one yet, wink, wink) so they know I would wear anything to run in, especially in Paris, currently my favourite city.
Edited: 17/11/2010 at 11:06
Tommygun2    pirate
17/11/2010 at 11:10

Well I have entered the competition but if I'm as successful as all the other comp I enter on here I'm not holding out much hope  

Unless post count is taken into consideration then I may be in with a shout.

ie. bog off newbies

17/11/2010 at 11:16
Tommygun I believe they go mainly on your event reviews count!
Tommygun2    pirate
17/11/2010 at 11:19
 oh well it was worth a try
17/11/2010 at 11:27
Nah just kidding, haven't really got a clue on what gives you the edge to hit that boot camp.
17/11/2010 at 12:09
Tommygun2: I think john ford 5 was just trying to top trump you, as that was the only thing he had done more than you. If it was top trumps I'd be the 1st one sent packing though, so let's hope they're not going for a retro 70's game option.
Good luck to everyone Si
debbo    pirate
17/11/2010 at 13:22
TG - I'm sure saying 'bog off newbies' will help your case no end

I'm going to apply - I've never entered the super six comps before but now's a good time for me

I reckon they get thousands of entries though
17/11/2010 at 16:41
For the record I have won a RW competition before!  I won a pair of skins.  There was an email waiting for me when I got back from the London marathon in 2009.  I was so pleased and I wear them all the time!  That though, is the only thing I've won.  But, it makes me forever hopeful.
Tommygun2    pirate
17/11/2010 at 19:02
debbo wrote (see)
TG - I'm sure saying 'bog off newbies' will help your case no end

To be quite honest I'm not very photogenic so If I got through I doubt I would get many votes anyway.

But I would actualy like to be selected for this as I believe it will be a life changing experience for the better

debbo    pirate
17/11/2010 at 19:23
well I'm doooomed if it's based on photogenicity - at least they didn't ask for a photo for the application
17/11/2010 at 19:24
You can imagine them getting 1000's of photos of Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie!!!
Tommygun2    pirate
17/11/2010 at 19:29

Debo thats just the cynic in me i'm afraid

still if they think I'm a penguin I might make for the novelty value

41 to 60 of 644 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.