Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

641 to 644 of 644 messages
14/12/2010 at 23:06
never mind william bloke. i went on a client xmas lunch starting at 12 and ending at 8. drunk a ridiculous amount of martinis, vast quantities of wine (both red and white) , and then more cocktails. and then some whisky as a nightcap for good measure. i'm totally sozzled and will have the biggest hangover in the morning. which you wont have. so that's a brucie bonus for you good luck in the vote!
15/12/2010 at 00:02

Ah ha -  the sub 3 blokes are still alive!

Hi guys good to hear from you again, not heard from Angus for a while, is he still out there?

William bloke - Sounds like your life is pretty full at the moment.How did you get on it your XC race?

Good luck to everyone on the Super SIx shortlist.
I'll be dipping into your threads regardless of the outcome on Thursday!

Sounds like you had a good Xmas party there Jane - ROLL ON THE HANGOVER

I went to my boy's Carol singing at his school which was fun and cold. Fuelled by a couple of mince pies I then ran to my running Club. 3.1 miles there at Marathon pace @ 7.18mm, then after a chat with the guys and some more shamless plugging of the Super Six vote, I ran back the 3.1 miles @ 6.48 pace.

If you haven't voted yet, don't forget to get your vote in for Knight Rider (Colin) on the sub 3.15 category.

Cheers everyone!

15/12/2010 at 06:40
jane326 wrote (see)
i'm totally sozzled and will have the biggest hangover in the morning. which you wont have. so that's a brucie bonus for you good luck in the vote!
Ah, but being the sober one/designated driver at Christmas does have other good points too - such as nobody at the staff party suddenly becomes very attractive, and there's less chance of you telling the boss exactly what you think of him before going on to fax photocopies of your bum to all and sundry before throwing up in sombodies desk drawer... 
knight rider wrote (see)

William bloke - Sounds like your life is pretty full at the moment.How did you get on it your XC race?

Gloucester  was a very cold, wet, & muddy, place on Saturday afternoon so I decided to err on the side of caution & put in a good even paced jog around the 6.25 mile course, finishing in 43:11 and picking up the 6th scorer position for the team. At the end of the day cross-country is more about the team than anything else... There was a small section of tree roots, covered by fallen leaves, & how nobody managed to pick up an injury is beyond me... At the end of the day I'm glad that I made the decision to just jog around (my winter training plan said 'easy' anyway) because even with 12mm spikes on it was very, very, difficult to stay upright.

But, winter cross-country events such as this are very good because they help to build the foundations for a strong & successful Spring season.

Vote WILLIAMBLOKE in the SuperSix Sub-3:00 category

(please) 

M...eldy    pirate
15/12/2010 at 07:49
For those that were not lucky enough to be selcted/shortlisted Plan B is afoot    

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
641 to 644 of 644 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.