Talkback: Win the ultimate spring marathon experience

681 to 700 of 704 messages
13/12/2010 at 18:13
Only joking!
Read back - everyone has given their pitch including even what muppet they would be and why
13/12/2010 at 20:26

Hi Funny Hat - please vote for me because i've managed to get right on every ones tripe cause i'm new and very stupidly posted the inevitable vote for me propaganda! I promise i've seen the error of my ways so maybe deserve one vote based purely on marks out of 10 for perseverance and that one vote  might save me from having to leave the country in shame!!  Also cause you cracked I up with ur postings on this thread in the week before longlisting..... Infact u (and John Ford 5 who were having mucho humerous exchanges) inspired me to post my first ever ever post on the forum, which i then thought was my lucky omen cause not minutes later I actually got "the call" from Alice!! And finally if that's not enough then i promise scouts honour to vote for you in the snubbed six selection process!!!

Running Rox sub 4:15 category

13/12/2010 at 20:43
I forgot about the snubbed six!

Ok then. Who else is up for the snubbed six and why should we vote for you?
13/12/2010 at 22:53
Thanks for the tip Sparky, voting done now ! All the best one and all!
13/12/2010 at 22:55
You're welcome FH.  I should apologise for continuing to post on the thread as if I hadn;t got in but I thought it would look suspicious if I vanished.  I did wear a hat to bootcamp as it was so cold but it wasn't an interesting one
Edited: 13/12/2010 at 22:55
13/12/2010 at 23:14
Jane is your dog a Gordon Setter? or a Rottweiler with a curly perm?
13/12/2010 at 23:25

Not heard much from the sub 3 guys recently - are you still out there?

A bit of a rest tonight after last nights 15 miler. Off my eldest boys carol concret at school tomorrow nigthe, then out for a run after their bedtime. Looking forward to starting my 16 week plan next week.

Hopefully that will be as a Super Sixer!

If there is anyone just reading through this for the first time and hasn't made their mind up yet, then head to the sub 3.15 page and cast your vote in my direction please - Colin - Knight Rider.

It's great to off load all the “please vote for me” on the Super Six stuff on this thread!

By the way the spot has now gone !

14/12/2010 at 08:44
Hi Goldbeetle

He does look like a Rottweiler with permed ears but he is a gordon setter

or as the French would say ... "ooohhhh a gordon seterrrr"

they seem to be quite popular in France - no idea why
kittenkat    pirate
14/12/2010 at 08:54
Because they've got poodle ears of course!
14/12/2010 at 09:05
of course
didn't think of that
you know i once had lunch in a posh resto in paris and a minature poodle type dog was sitting (on a chair) AT THE TABLE next to an old parisienne lady dripping with gold
it was the most bizarre thing i've ever seen
14/12/2010 at 13:53
USB, a hats a hat !! you got my vote anyway !!
14/12/2010 at 14:59
Jane are the gordons as mad as the Irish setter?
14/12/2010 at 16:24
knight rider wrote (see)

Not heard much from the sub 3 guys recently - are you still out there?

KR,

Yes, I'm still out here in cyberspace. I've been flitting on & off the Forum most days... Works been hectic over the last couple of weeks and I seem to spend most of my working days sorting out a neverending stream of problems, (why, just before Xmas, do people suddenly think that it's perfectly acceptable to take shortcuts & leave a mass of problems for others to clear up?) before racing home to either get a training session in or wrap a few of the wifes Xmas pressies before she too gets home... You know what it's like at this time of year... And even when I get home my work phone keeps ringing (as it just did).

Add to that last minute present buying, trying to fit in other members of the family (who ever told kids that it'd be a good idea to e-mail Xmas present lists together with a series of links?), squeezing in a visit to relatives after a cross country race on Saturday, doing a long run on Sunday morning, playing badminton on Sunday evening, drawing the short straw to be the designated driver to a football match this evening (Bristol Rovers are dire - why couldn't I support a decent team? Besides, I don't drink, therefore I always seem to get the short straw)... I'll be glad when Christmas is over...

In fact, there are only four things that I am looking forward to over the Christmas period: 1. There's a Doctor Who special on BBC1 on Christmas Day itself.  2. I've got a race in Clevedon on Boxing Day  3. The in-laws will be going home before New Year. 4. I've got a race in Weston-super-Mare on New Years Day.

Did you know that there is approximately 30 calories in a mint humbug?

VOTE WILLIAMBLOKE IN THE SUPERSIX SUB-3:00 CATEGORY

(please)

14/12/2010 at 18:09
Bah humbug
14/12/2010 at 19:41

phew..  less than 48 hours to go.  hip hip

good runs today, ran to work and ran home again, along the canal.  good way to bank 10 miles. and my santa outfit is in the post ready for parkrun on saturday!  sadly i think that it'll come too late for a bit of extra photographic propaganda..

i wonder whether the all important stats will be released with the result.  will make for interesting reading, whichever way it goes.

Edited: 14/12/2010 at 19:42
14/12/2010 at 21:06

Im still out here to, just took a back seat from the campaign for a few days. Cant beleave theres only 2 days to go till we find out, very exited! Anyone else as nervous as me?!

For those undecided feel free to check out my forum  Vote Peter Thompson: The long road to Paris - Sub 3hr

Good luck to all! Fingers crossed!

Edited: 14/12/2010 at 21:09
14/12/2010 at 21:55

Err, Is closing for the vote on Thursday or Friday? I ask as the site states Thursday but the date given is the 17th with is Friday.

14/12/2010 at 22:15
Hi Simon - i've been told Thursday (good luck!)

Hi GB

They say Gordons not quite as mad as Irish setters .... but ive never had an Irish setter so i dont know. They do say the irish setters are a bit nuts ( mental/ a bit crazy) but never seen any of that with mine ....he is just fun fun fun ....

he needs a ton of exercise but i tire him out. he is a fab -u - lous dog!

fun, entertaining, always "up" , on the money, alive, not a dog for a lazy person, almost human...

Oh i do love that dog He is just THE BEST
14/12/2010 at 22:16
Good luck everyone in super six comp
not long to go now
x
14/12/2010 at 22:55
williambloke wrote (see)
drawing the short straw to be the designated driver to a football match this evening (Bristol Rovers are dire - why couldn't I support a decent team?  

Seriously, I give up.... What a waste of my evening. I drove my mates to the game, sat in a pub drinking coffee whilst they consumed a small lake worth of beer, stood on a cold, cold, terrace, watched my team take the lead, score an own goal, take the lead again, forget the basics of defending & concede an injury time goal, then go out of the competition on penalties; then drive my half-pished mates home again...

I should have gone training down at the track with my clubmates instead.

VOTE WILLIAMBLOKE IN THE SUPERSIX SUB-3:00 CATEGORY

(please)

681 to 700 of 704 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.