Talkback: Your Say: Insults on the run

1 to 20 of 47 messages
29/01/2013 at 15:49
"You're just a fat Mo Farrah, fat Mo Farrrahhhhhh" sung at me by a group of drunks in the park just after the Olympics. On the second lap they seems to take pity on me and offered me a can of special brew, so perhaps they were trying to be nice!
29/01/2013 at 15:51
"You're just a fat Mo Farrah, fat Mo Farrrahhhhhh" sung at me by a group of drunks in the park just after the Olympics. On the second lap they seems to take pity on me and offered me a can of special brew, so perhaps they were trying to be nice!
29/01/2013 at 16:37
I was showered in water from a water blaster fired from a car window as it drove passed me - there were two young girls in the car and they obviously found it hilarious to douse a not-so-young lady runner. At least it was a sunny day so I was cooled - although the initial shock took a while to recover from
29/01/2013 at 16:39

Two memorable ones:

A little old lady making about 1mph with a stick looking at me puffing down the town path and saying kindly 'Don't overdo it.'

An overweight couple again going at a steady snails pace, seeing me in about mile 9 of a half marathon, calling out 'Is it worth it?"

29/01/2013 at 17:44
Sprinting to the top of the hill a women said to me, " Well that's buggered you hasn't it?"
Although a little tired, I'm certain the hill hadn't had anal sex with me.
29/01/2013 at 17:44

Not an insult and as I can run I walk with Nordic Poles and I have had from someone walking towards me- 'The Snow get deeper about 100mtr further one' it was about 28 in the shade!

Oh how it made I laugh. 

29/01/2013 at 18:19
As I was coming up on two speed watchers (who were apparently bored) They turned the radar gun and "clocked" my run all the while applauding and cheering. Kinda cool!
29/01/2013 at 19:39
I'm lucky because I mainly run on a A road following cycle path so only ever really passed by other runners or cyclists, but I do get a lot of tooting & light flashing, especially in the summer. 
29/01/2013 at 19:55

My friend and I were running the other day, in a residential area. It was really cold and snowy, so a couple standing in their garage applauded and kept yelling "good for you!". It was a great feeling...

On the other hand, that same friend experienced two guys driving past her yelling "heffer!"... now, that is not very nice.

I don't know what I would do if someone actually insulted me while I was out trying to be active, healthy, and fit. 

29/01/2013 at 21:14

Only one I had was at the end of a hard run with a bit of a sprint finish I was puffing away catching my breath and as a car drove by one youngish lad shouted out the window " you need to ease off the pies mate". A bit obvious but it made me smile all the same.

29/01/2013 at 21:45
'The others finished a day ago love' whilst out running the day after the London Marathon.
29/01/2013 at 21:47

Not an insult, but I ran several km of a 10k race behind a woman called Eileen, who had her name on her shirt. Every so often someone would should come on to her, then the people around would burst into song.

I was quite sorry when she slowed down and I overtook her.

29/01/2013 at 21:59

Passed a nasely, junky looking, lay about type whilst running around the park. After screeching at her offspring to hurry up as i ran past, she made out with the remark, "Lets jog like the man in they .......lycra troosers". Without hesitation or drop in pace, i turned the head a rebutted "Looks like you could be doing with pulling the Lycra on, ya fat bint". Her reaction was priceless. "eh......seeee youuuu!!!!!!". I Lol'd.

Edited: 29/01/2013 at 22:00
29/01/2013 at 22:13
Spark - Gosh, you sure told her. How clever you are.
29/01/2013 at 22:37

I was on a training run at the local sports centre when a group of three or four gorgeous young ladies were watching from the side as I ran past. One gave me a smile and said a flirtacious 'hiya', I was on cloud nine for one second until I heard her friend say 'You can't Charlie, he looks just like your Dad!!!'

30/01/2013 at 12:06

Spark - sounds like you were in Dundee. Great city.

I often get 'nice shorts' - which is a nice comment from a shapely gal, but slightly worrisome from a hairy-arsed bloke.

30/01/2013 at 20:25
I had to run through a group of lads and was expecting insults when all they shouted was "118 118 I've got ur number" was giggling away to myself.
01/02/2013 at 07:56

There has to be a link to the No Toes story.

02/02/2013 at 10:01

My favourite from when I did the Portland Marathon: 'it's not sweat! It's just your awesomeness coming out!'  Kept me smiling for miles.

Another one that made me smile was when I was out running in some pretty horrible rain, and a bus driver who passed me almost each day, stopped to tell me he admired my dedication... Which kinda put a halt to any thoughts of asking for a lift LOL.

I've been pretty lucky really. 

03/02/2013 at 15:18

Years ago, I had a Harringey Council bin lorry and team cheer me on my long run. Following my planned route I found I'd run away them then we'd meet again about 15 mins later. I think after an hour they were quite impressed.

I had the obvious "Run, Forrest, Run" while passing a bored group of teens in a tiny village in the Highlands. 

I found the 'wobbling arse cheeks' yelled from a car in London the harshest. They were merely undulating in time with my steps.

1 to 20 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.