The 2011 Marathon Tread

201 to 220 of 5,825 messages
HM4
10/01/2011 at 18:21
Doc called back & has received the letter from the Fracture Clinic (she had to wait for that before she could make a decision).  She was a bit disappointed by it because it didn't talk about I should be returning to work and has signed me off for 2 weeks. 
10/01/2011 at 19:37

HY4 You will soon be back, I hate being on the sick and can't wait to get back to work when I am i'll but thats not very often thankfully.

Just over 8 miles Recovery/steady run with HR between 135 and 145.

HM4
10/01/2011 at 20:01

NP,

Thanks going from talking all day to more or less nothing until Chris gets in is a big shock to the system so I can't wait.  Well done on your run.

10/01/2011 at 20:12

NP - Nice run

HY4 - I can imagine how frustrating it must be, I know my wife was climbing the walls by the time she got back to work after her broken shoulder!

10.7 miler over the mountain at dusk yesterday, forgot to take my headlamp which made the descent through the final bit of forestry quite interesting

4.8 miles easy pace today as I had a bit of DOMS from pushing quite hard yesterday!!

HM4
10/01/2011 at 20:23

Jay,

Thanks.  I'm usually so patient with running injuries but I think that's because I've been able to do normal things.  This time round it's difficult and I've not found out too much info about this injury apart from what you've said & also someone else on another thread.

10/01/2011 at 20:59
NP - do they do lane swimming sessions? Or could you join a competitive swimming club? You're getting some decent speed and endurance and a coach would help loads. Plus they wouldn't do amything as daft as to rope the pool in half!

8 miles easy for me this evening in the dark, off road with the head torch. No chest twinges at all and the running felt really good and easy. No tiredness after yesterday's 16.5 either. The batteries are running low in the torch though so I couldn't see as far as usual!
HM4
10/01/2011 at 21:04

Mr Spoons,

That's good news. Has the doc given you the all clear?

10/01/2011 at 21:49
All good spoons :¬)

I did intervals this evening !!!
10/01/2011 at 21:57

Mr Spoons- good news!

Gobi- intervals? Is that what you mean by active recovery?

HY4- hope you get better news soon

Jayc- good running- glad you didn't get lost

NP- good going again

6.44m recovery run this evening- although I could have swam it was that wet!

10/01/2011 at 21:57
Err, didn't go HY4.

< preparing myself for being told off >

I know I should have done but I don't like the doctors. There - I said it and it's out now. I know I'm crap. They'll only say it's the running and I should have a month off.
10/01/2011 at 22:05
Jason - technically level 2 endurance run yesterday so intervals today is fine :¬)
HM4
11/01/2011 at 07:36

Mr Spoons,

You're not crap.  You just don't want to be told you can't do what you want to do. I hate going to the opticians as when I do need glasses because I have a complex lense it usually costs me £180 and that's just with cheap frames so I can.  But as it's health related I force myself to go & take Chris with me to hold my hand because I hate opticians that much & to also help pick new frames as I'm very short sighted.  At least we don't have to pay for medical treatment only prescriptions. 

I'd say about someone on here who had a friend comment on something similair when they were both out running and a few weeks later the person collasped during a training session.  I can't remember the outcome fully only that the poster felt really guilty they didn't suggest to their friend to get checked out.   

11/01/2011 at 07:55
Hour of intervals on the turbo to start the day, I think it is safe to say my legs are fine :¬)

Morning
11/01/2011 at 08:22
Nice recovery Gobi.
Great to hear all well Mr Spoons, I'm with you on doctors.
Sounds really annoying with the swimming NP but half way would be about as far as I could swim!
Mile reps for me last night - 5 at 6.20mm pace with really slow 400m recoveries. 9 miles in total. 5 miles recovery this morning, felt hard but only 8 hours between sessions.
Might have to food shop tonight as I've been living on a variety of toast based meals for a week.
F
11/01/2011 at 09:46

First of all MR SPOONS GO SEE YOUR DOC We can all be macho or stupid at times but you should go and get pains in the chest checked out, it might be something as simple as the muscels between your ribs but go and get it checked out please.

6 miles this morning 1 mile warm up and 5 miles tempo went a little hard in mile 4 and slowed a little in mile 6 but sitll very happy with the run, out tonight for just over 8 miles steady.

Gobi thats fantastic recovery, intervals and 1 hour on the turbo.

Jayc great running in the dark.

Jason did you do the run in lanes lol, I don't mind the rain so much as we seem to get a lot here.

MrS what with work and everything else I find it hard to fit in regular times for things such as clubs, thats why I asked about the lanes been closed in the first place. I know that I would benifit from a club and proper training but just don't have the time.

Fiona great pace for your reps well done, living of toast based meals did you drop any weight?

HM4
11/01/2011 at 11:19

Fiona,

Well done.

NP,

Well done.  That's the only problem about unpredictable shifts because just as you can't leave a fire (I imagine once another crew comes on shift they would relieve you if it was taking time to deal with) I can't leave a call until the customer goes so any clubs or exercise classes I'd like to go it would have to be on a Sunday or Saturday afternoon after a set time.

11/01/2011 at 13:29

I also eat a lot of chocolate NP  and with the toast things like smoked salmon, peanut butter or scrambled eggs so just a couple of pounds!

How many doubles are you doing this time round?

F

11/01/2011 at 14:56
Wow, lots of good running going on.

Nice on Gobi - I wish I could just jog a marathon and come 2nd!

Spoons: I'm with NP. Stuff on the chest isn't to be taken lightly. I got chronic bronchitis and asthma from being stupid.

Just short of 10 miles this morning with 5 at LT pace. Happy to report that I was only a few secs per mile off last year's March HM pace. As it is still early in training and more importantly, I ran with the backpack (it was part of my morning commute) I am very happy. I could have easily done more. What a difference a day makes ...
11/01/2011 at 15:51
Chicka - I think there were only 80 finishers and it was a drop from the first place in the jogged marathon 6 days earlier. Joking aside my endurance is coming on well now so if I can just drop some weight and get the speed right I may have a fast marathon in me late this year.

Did a very lethargic 4 miles at lunchtime so I have a feeling tomorrow will be an easy paced day.
HM4
11/01/2011 at 16:13

Chickadee & Gobi,

Well done.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.