The 2011 Marathon Tread

81 to 100 of 5,825 messages
04/01/2011 at 18:03
Taper , sick , snow , sick. very p*ssed off.
04/01/2011 at 18:41

That's rotten luck Joe, hope you get better soon. More snow forecast for later in the week here too.

F

04/01/2011 at 19:08
that is a bitch Joe

Just done 3.4 miles and although tired my body is working fine. Plan to do my 10 miler tomorrow morning :¬)
04/01/2011 at 20:44

Joe- tough one, mate. Know how you feel- I picked up a bug just in time for Snowdon mara last October

Bridget- good luck with the intervals 

10m for me tonight- still tired after Sunday's effort, so ran really slowly tonight 8.58 av

04/01/2011 at 21:03
Sorry to hear you sick Joe, a tough month.

I like the debate about speed to run. Thought I should take some of the advice and jog 10k tonight. I mean jog...10:44 pace. Felt fine though and I hope is a sensible speed to build my mileage...

A day off tomorrow as I have had 2 days of running... I am doing my best to learn how to listen to the body...Good luck with your runs tomorrow..
04/01/2011 at 21:21
Nice running people

My 3.4 miles was at 8.29 pace so also very slow
04/01/2011 at 22:24
3 mile reps x 3 with 400m jog recoveries done.  9.00, 8.49 and 9.08.  Last one into a bit of a headwind and felt really hard.
04/01/2011 at 22:41
Evening all!
I went to running club tonight for 1200m reps on a hill.
However every time I tried to run faster than 9mm I got a stomach ache!
So I just jogged round in the end. Wierd really, I feel fine now.

Bad luck Joe. Hope you get well soon.
05/01/2011 at 08:58

Get well soon Joe. Lots of bugs going around....not easy to miss them!

USB - good reps....and that third one will get easier next time

Mr Spoons - something you ate maybe? Too much chocolate I bet

Gobi - no after effects from the marathon then - although I guess you do so many you recover pretty well afterwards?

Rest for me yesterday. Will do a steady 8 miles after work today - and then won't get another chance till Saturday when I am on hols (Not that I think I'll need shades in the Cotswolds...)

05/01/2011 at 09:38
Morning all!

Zion: hope the rest day was nice. I am trying my best to run by HR. I am just terribly competitive and like Gobi said: like many others I do most runs too fast. I am going to work on it during this training cycle. On average I ran much faster last year but I was still in UK then and there wasn't this btch of a German winter. Brrrrrr...  Maybe it's a good thing that I moved back - it forces me to run slow

Joe, that sucks mate. Hope you feel better soon.

Nice reps on the treadie, Fiona.

Did 14.4 miles at 5am today . It was cold . -4 again and a biting wind.  At least no Bambi on ice performance today as I swapped the local ice rink that used to be my running park for roads. Weather forecast for the weekend is +5. I can't wait.  I am crap in the cold. On a more positive note: I just looked up last year's training log and the same workout last year was at exactly the same pace, but this year my HR was 6 bpm lower .

Enjoy the hols, Freemers
05/01/2011 at 09:51

Joe really hope you are able to run soon.

FionaC fast reps indeed!

Gobi well done on another win

Mr Spoons hope all is well today.

chickadee that does sound promising Hope the weather improves for you soon.

Freemers have a wonderful holiday!!

Easy 11 for me this morning. A couple of easy days planned now as I want to have good bash at parkrun on Saturday.

05/01/2011 at 09:53
Freemers I feel tired for a few days and get mild DOMS

8.4 miles today at 8.37 pace :¬)

All about active recovery before my next race.
05/01/2011 at 11:17

7 miles last night on dreadmill and 14.41miles this morning ran to Heart rate this morning first half under 145 second below 150 very happy with this. Might get into the pool later this afternoon if everything works out.

Joe get well soon mate.

Jason nice running

Gobi last time I slowed down my LSR to over 90 seconds per mile I bombed out in the marathon I understand what your saying but it just don't seem to work for me.

Chick well done on your 14+ mile run  hope it starts to warm up soon.

Fiona it was snowing here during my 14 mile run.

Freemers good luckwith the 8m run tonight.

05/01/2011 at 11:26
NP - hating to point out the obvious but there is more to marathon training than the LSR so blaming a whole campaign on it seems somewhat flawed.

Anyway it is not about doing all the LSR runs at plus 90 seconds.
05/01/2011 at 13:14

Lots of nice slow running going on, I'm out for a slow 6 miles tonight.

Hope you have a great break Freemers. Feeling sorry for you chickadee, you've had far too much snow!

Zion, Gobi & NP you guys must have been up early to get the miles in!

Back to work today and regular food. No more Xmas pud and custard for brekkie.

F

05/01/2011 at 14:15
5am which is quite normal in my world
05/01/2011 at 16:41

Fiona LOL Dark O'Clock the Dark Lords Time well I managed to get to the pool and did 40 x 25 m front crawl before they split the pool in half across the width don't know why they couldn't do it down the length.

Gobi I never did enough mile at marathon pace on the lonng runs for that marathon it was all easy miles. I am feeling happy with the way my training has gone so far, this weekend coming is my weekend on duty so the miles are reduced a bit on the Sunday from 20 to 14.

Just got a great tri suit from Triuk reduced down to £34.99 must try it out on a run tomorrow

05/01/2011 at 17:02
commonly known as Gobi O'clock

NP - sounds like you went from all too fast to all too slow :¬)
HM4
05/01/2011 at 17:23
Well done on everyone's runs.
05/01/2011 at 19:00
I've been emailed by my mentor
81 to 100 of 5,825 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.