The 2011 Marathon Tread

141 to 160 of 5,825 messages
HM4
07/01/2011 at 13:51

SL,

Hi.  To get the pace I should be running a lsr at (or any of my other sessions) I use McMillians Running Calculator.

-------

Well done on everyone's training.

07/01/2011 at 15:12

Fiona: after double-digit minus temperatures for so long +1 feels rather warm. It's all relative ... it was definitely a no-hats and no-gloves moment!

07/01/2011 at 15:28

Afternoon all.

I see one or two familiar faces from DTT.

Hope yiz dont mind if i join in the chat here. I'm hoping to do VLM and specific plan starts next week (although currently nursing what i hope is a short term injury)

Last Mara was Dublin in October. I havent set a target time yet (although i have one in me head) but will do mid Feb. 

07/01/2011 at 16:21

There has been some quite frank discussion on the Super 6 3.15 thread about the lack of mentoring which has actually made me feel quite fed up now.  Hopefully I might find an email when I get home from work.

Busy sat on a tennis ball and doing piriformis stretches

HM4
07/01/2011 at 17:49

Bridget,

Let me guess you've both got the same mentor?

Hi Paddy.

07/01/2011 at 18:11

Yes!

i have  however had a reply to my email and a phone number in case of anything urgent over the weekend when he is going to be away from the computer

Hi Paddy.   DTT?

HM4
07/01/2011 at 18:31

Bridget,

I'm just reading UD's thread and am horrified with the response she got from him.  I can't imagine what the Shadies mob would think if they saw it (bearing in mind what they wanted to do to Molly's OH).

(EDIT - Just got to the end of the thread, if he was on holiday why didn't someone say because it would have taken a lot of the wondering out of what was happening.)

Edited: 07/01/2011 at 18:34
07/01/2011 at 20:20
Hi Paddy

Hi SL - what was your Brighton time?

Rest day for me today. I feel fine. I'll try a little jog in the morning and if there I'm not 100% then I'm off to the doc's.

No snow here, it's chucking down with rain and 7c.
07/01/2011 at 20:43

64 x 25m which is a mile front crawl this morning in 35 min using the pull bouy 6 miles on the treadmill tonight.

Tom fingers crossed they can sort you at last as you seem to be missing the goat stuff a lot. You have still been putting a lot of other sessions in which will help in the long run.

Gobi hope your feeling better mate.

AGF just keep putting in the miles you will soon build a good base for what ever marathon you are aiming to do.

Mr Spoons hope you got the chest looked at and everything is ok mate.

USB Still a very sorry state of affairs regarding the super 6 it just looks like RW has made a big boob so far, lets hope they get their act together soon.

Jason thanks miles building up and feeling good at this stage working this weekend so no long run as such, plan to run tomorrow morning at Dark O'clock and will do acouple of sessions on the treadmill before 9am and after 5pm on Sunday. Your putting in a few yourself mate

Sleek lemur build your miles up at 60 to 90 seconds slower and once up to 20 miles you can start to finish your runs with the last 3 to 4 miles at marathon pace. Most on here try to do at least 4 runs at 20 miles. before we start to taper.

Joe glad your feeling better.

Chick we have the snow back at the moment

Welcome Paddy how did you do in Dublin? and will this be your first London Marathon?

Fion looks like your also building the miles up. 

07/01/2011 at 21:33

Paddy- Hi!

NP- good swimming/ running

ran 12.03 (sorry Fiona!) today, but was dragging in the last half-running on empty- think my new diet might be a bit extreme Isn't there a school of thought that reckons it's good to run glycogen-depleted though?

07/01/2011 at 22:07
Welcome paddy and sl.
Good luck mr spoons.
USB, hope the performis improves.
Some good swimming NP. Practice makes perfect..

Thanks Jason and Np. Current plan for next 2 months is 4 solid runs a week with cross training and core.. Then focus on 1/2 marathon in may followed by 10k in June. Both booked. Then I can tackle a marathon in last qtr... Leaner and fitter..

2hrs in the gym/swim planned tomorrow....
08/01/2011 at 02:18

Happy New Year all

Finally back online after the festive period. Had a good time, ate and drank too much so puts me in a good frame of mind to get back in the swing of things now

Managed a few runs at Center Parcs over New Year, including a nice 12.5 miler around the country lanes from Crockerton to Horningsham past Shearwater Lake on new year's day.

Haven't caught up yet on all previous posts, but will do at some point when I'm not so tired!

Colder today than recently, but hey, running on tarmac/grass/mud rather than ice/snow makes one hell of a difference... although my Boxing Day run around Cwmcarn - following the Scenic 7 route - was very picturesque. 6-12 inches of powdery snow and all white and pristine. Awwwww

08/01/2011 at 09:36

Just over 14 miles this morning at 5:30 am lots of black ice about but ran to HR between 140 and 145 and 145 and 150 for second half legs feel great and very very happy as this is the biggest week since Feb/Mar last year, todays run gave me a total of 93.1 miles for the week  new week starts tomorrow for me with a shorted Sunday run as this is my recovery week, so far so good only 14 weeks to go now and only four more weeks base training before starting to add more tempo sessions.

Jayc glad you had a great time away it sounds like you still managed to fit in some good sessions.

08/01/2011 at 09:36
Hi Jay

Managed 1.5m this morning. I still had a minor chest ache although not as bad as Thursday. It feels slightly bruised while running and is fine the second I stop. I will try again tomorrow and ring the doctors on Monday if tomorrow is not OK.
HM4
08/01/2011 at 10:46

Well done on everyone's training.

-----------

Mr Spoons,

I think I'd still go to the docs either way.

08/01/2011 at 11:16
Hi Jay. Sounds like a nice holiday.

Excellent weeks running NP.

Gym/swim session sorted. The day ahead awaits...
08/01/2011 at 15:33

Welcome Paddy, quite a few doing VLM on here.

jason you are rotten!!  Well done on running on empty, some say it's good for you, just depends on the individual I guess.

More nice training NP, impressive mileage. Hope this week is a 55 for me. Great that you got out in those conditions. I had planned a run in a remote area (no phone signal) but lots of snow this morning so decided safer to give that a miss. Ended up doing my 20 on the treadmill which was fine but it's better to get out!!

Looks like a good plan AGF.

Good to see you back jayc.

Take it easy for a bit Mr Spoons.

F

08/01/2011 at 18:57

No pain  - great base mileage sir - what sort of time are you after?? - Was v happy with my 2.43 in Dublin. Hoping to improve in VLM. Nursing a hamstring strain at moment picked up in a recent xc race - but slowly getting back into it.

USB - had a few piri probs meself last year - stretching done the trick.- DTT - daily training thread.

Training in my plan is supposed to start proper on Monday - the first week or so will have to be eased in. I have a good few weeks before the injury so not to worried as long as it goes v soon.

Talk soon.

08/01/2011 at 19:20
Leg has been feeling a lot better today although got a bit achy by the end of the afternoon.  Opted to take the day off though as I thought a hill session could aggravate it and I would prefer to be able to do my 11 miles tomorrow.
08/01/2011 at 19:27

Evening all-

NP- well done on mileage

Paddy- good luck with plan

Mr S- I agree with HY4

Bridget- sounds like a sensible decision. I'd take it steady on the LR tomorrow too...

2x 6ish miles for me today- all good. First 20 of this campaign due tomorrow

141 to 160 of 5,825 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.