The 2014 Marathon Thread.

1 to 20 of 3,822 messages
31/12/2013 at 20:03

Opens the door to the 2014 Marathon Thread and turns on the light, welcome everyone.

31/12/2013 at 20:24

Hi NP..... Here's to some good marathons come the spring.....look forward to sharing experience with you all...

31/12/2013 at 20:30

A shinny new thread, I'm looking forward to following everyone's marathon journeys in 2014 

31/12/2013 at 20:35

Bit early aren't you No Pain? 

31/12/2013 at 20:45

Here's to a great 2014 for us all!  So pleased that you have done the honours again NP. 

No idea which route we'll take to the mast tomorrow Stewart, the last time I was there it was dark. Some of the girls are going at 11am (same time as the Hill Runners) but the Harriers group is midday. I'll be early as things to do later. 

F

01/01/2014 at 09:06

Might dip my toes into this one if that's ok. Doing London.

HM4
01/01/2014 at 09:53

Hi guys.  I'll be doing more running this year than last year's 132 miles.  Not sure about which races I'm doing however know the Hook 2.5 mile is definitely on the list along with Victory 10k.

Paul,

Good luck.  Hope the training goes well.

01/01/2014 at 10:12

Hi all, happy new year to everyone, so what marathon is everyone doing this year? I'm doing the Edinburgh in the spring as my first ever and if that goes well i hope to do Bornemouth in the autum. No runs as of yet as i have a touch of runners knee and am on enforced rest until at least monday .

01/01/2014 at 10:53

Just entered for Snowdonia again

Happy New Year everyone

(no running today as on call and still not got rid of cold)

01/01/2014 at 11:10

Hi everyone

last year was a bit rubbish as it took me all year to get over a knee injury. Seems to be holding up though so I am doing Llanelli in April and hopefully York in the autumn. Haven't managed to actually arrive at the start line of a marathon yet so here's hoping I do this year!

01/01/2014 at 11:36

Happy New Year all !

Welcome back mathschick - I hope this year is a better one for you

NP - what races have you got planned?

-

I kicked off the new year with 1m w/up, 2 x 2.5m at marathon heart rate, then 2m cool down. 

01/01/2014 at 11:41

I am doing Manchester in April. Only 13.5 weeks left and no longs runs done yet…. I have some catching up to do. 

Nice start to the year Teknik. 

Mathschick - that the hardest part - getting to the start line fit !!

Todays run was wet, cold and muddy. ran parkrun with Lulu the Labrador and just finished bathing her. She loved it - and I am now loving my bacon sandwich !!!  9 Miles in total including running there !!!

01/01/2014 at 11:43

thanks teknik

I reckon for the first one I am going to concentrate on run/walk just to make sure I don't knacker my knee again and then take it from there. Hopefully by the autumn I can run the whole thing, but I would rather complete with a run/walk than not make it at all. 

01/01/2014 at 14:12
Slow 6 mile in the wet and wind this morning. Did do some faster running yesterday evening.
01/01/2014 at 14:30

Welcome all new folks to the marathon thread.  VLM for me.

Nice session to kick off the year Teknik.

AGF one of our group was a black lab, the perfect running companion! 

Ran to the mast this morning, 11.3 miles in total at a nice, sociable chatting pace. Christmas cake and Maltesers at the top, whisky for some then back down the same way (Stewart, ran up past Dossers and the zig zag path and very muddy!) The perfect morning for a run!  

F

01/01/2014 at 15:04
Stewart - nice splits for yesterday's LT

Stuart - good 20 in the bank. And yes, my run yesterday wasn't the best thought out.

Stuart G - welcome, Brighton for me

Matchstick - welcome

Weather was diabolical again this morning and I managed to completely balls up and do 11 of a 14MLR into a fierce headwind. MP effort at MP+2mins at times and at points I was virtually at a standstill. So 2 runs so far this week and both of them rubbish.
01/01/2014 at 15:12

So that I know the sort of 'talent' here, what marathon pbs and/or targets do people have? I will be slow!

01/01/2014 at 15:19

paul - I have no talent at all, target is to finish in one piece! It will be slow...

01/01/2014 at 15:29

Gym and half mile swim for me to start the year. Didn't realise it's only 13.5 weeks til marathon time!

01/01/2014 at 16:49

SG, Paul welcome to the new thread the guys here are great

Fiona, well done with the 11 miles today, is there still a fallen tree on the zigzag section? It was like a river up there the other week

SM, not long until we are pounding along the Mallaig road, the weeks are flying by, nice swim and gym session

Mathschick,welcome back

Mace, you haven't had much luck with the runs this week, we have been very lucky with avoiding the worst of the bad weather

AGF, great start to the year, wish I had a bacon sandwich  Nice 9 mile run today too

Tek, nice interval session earlier 

----------------------------

Started 2014 with a 14 mile MLR, first 5 on my own and then 7 with JS, great way to kick start the new year

1 to 20 of 3,822 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.