The Middle Ground

26,361 to 26,364 of 26,364 messages
18/04/2014 at 21:49

So what will you target? Is it not a bank holiday in scotland.? Though you are in retail aren't you?

I have a choice of a batch of three tens in one week in second week of July. Last year I did all three. I may throw in some park runs in august as well. The race in September just seemed the right time, plus its one of only two courses I have previously gone sub 40 on. After that I have a target half first weekend November (my pb course)  then a final 10k mid December (again, my current pb course). I feel I should try and slot a half in during October.

Edited: 18/04/2014 at 21:50
19/04/2014 at 10:11

TR - Pretty solid run from you coming back to fitness on tired legs. What were the conditions like?

DT - Will be interested to see what you make of the coaching when you start it up. Hopefully it will lead you to some good improvement.  

Duck - That sessions bodes well and always nice to see improvement year to year.  

A very windy Marske 10k for me yesterday - turned into a bit of a struggle battling a tasty headwind. I figured I'd probably run something in the low 37s but ended up with 38.02. Given the conditions I think that's about right. I always need a couple of races to get fit anyway and I've only had about 6 weeks training since being able to do very little in Jan/Feb. Last year when I had a similarly bad start to the year I ran a 40.22 and 39.22 before hitting 36.47 third time out. So I'm ahead of the game really  Next 10K is 2 weeks away so if conditions are a bit more favourable I'll be hoping to get back under 37.

Edited: 19/04/2014 at 10:12
19/04/2014 at 22:26

TR - good 10K on tired legs. All going int he right direction!

Duck - nice session!

MrV - pretty solid 10k there. Good to see you back!

I took Mon-Fri off running to recover ... and then went and ran 19:55 at Leeds parkrun which is my best since July 2011. Must have been the warm-up I did on Sunday.

Yesterday at 11:13

Dan - Great stuff! I guess those short reps you weren't sure about for mara training have paid dividends over 5k!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
26,361 to 26,364 of 26,364 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.