Thursday 10th October 2013

14 messages
10/10/2013 at 00:07

Morning!

Lyrics are: Who's peekin' out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air

Yesterday's lyrics were "Poetry in Motion". Given that it was a hit in 1961 I will forgive you for knowing that it was recorded by Johnny Tillotson. No, I didn't remember that either. Today's are a little bit later, but still from the 60s!

Hope you have calmed down RFJ! Not nice when that sort of thing happens when it could easily be avoided.

What: 40 mins, ish, and easy.
Why: windy, which is the worst thing to train in. And need another easy day.

Back later!

10/10/2013 at 05:28

morning
lyric - dont think so
RFJ - best of luck at the i/v
what - maybe 5 easy lucnhtime, and junior coaching tonight
why - keep on keeping on. I did get out for an easy 5k yesterday to clear the airways.
last rest - 13 days
last hard - Tuesday

10/10/2013 at 06:41

Morning

What: another rest day from me
Why: legs are fine, but toes are still really sore and actually looking worse :S
Last hard: Sunday
Lyrics: nope

Hope you're feeling better RFJ and good luck with the interview
How are you feeling Dustin?

Have a good one all.

10/10/2013 at 06:45

Morning.

Wet and windy has to be my worst I think Alehouse. Thanks for taking up the thread starting mantle.

Hope the interview goes well RFJ.

Hope your toes are soon better emzap.

What:                smt/swim
Why:                 looking after my legs
Last hard:         13/9
Last rest:           27/9

Lyrics - don't think so.

10/10/2013 at 09:09

RFJ - best of luck with Interview

LMH - Hope you're feeling good for Sunday. IM training should come to the fore!!

Meself, 10 miles d&d with 10 x 800. felt good and must now decide whether to go all country on Sunday (Cross that is!!) 

10/10/2013 at 09:41

Morning all

emzap wish them toes better, lavender oil maybe?

lyrics today not yet

nice run paddy

hope you are ok Dustin

alehouse nice 40 mins there..

what: club run or solo later

why: nothing I say I am going  to do actually gets done this week

last hard: my car alarm going off and fob conking out this morning!!!

last easy: running wise all week

have agood day all

10/10/2013 at 17:55

Afternoon

What 8 commute

Why final throws of the current campaign

Lyrics no

Ran 8 cold miles this morning with miles 5, 6 & 7 at map to try and keep warm. Been very cold since 2pm yesterday.

Blisters, if you're heading down the A34 on the 20th I was wandering if I could trouble you for a lift?

10/10/2013 at 19:14

No running today but climbed Schiehallion, a munro in Perthsire.  Nice day, snowing at the top and very slippy though.  -13 wind chill factor but was well wrapped up.  No summit view due to snow, except this one...the sun shining on the river in the valley 3000 feet below.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/donaldshaw/IMG_2947_zps67b78d39.jpg

10/10/2013 at 19:15

wow what a lovel photo donaldo!

well my what didnt happen, Not worried too much though, been away from home so much and need a night to get straight and just have me time!

10/10/2013 at 20:47

Great photo donaldo

Last time we were there it was even thicker mist!

What 6 miles with JS
Why Thursday
Last Hard 30th
Last rest: yesterday
Lyrics no idea

10/10/2013 at 21:07

Serious foto there Don!!

10/10/2013 at 21:39

Evening!

Nice Photo Don! I guess there will be similar weather next summer for the Commonwealths!

Wabo: hadn't done the 40 mins when I posted earlier...however...

What: 40 mins including 7.5k in 37.30, i.e. 5 mins per 5k
Why: decided to run with the Uni kids. Went with the "slow" group who were only supposed to be doing 3 miles. Found the first k or so tough: no warm up and they set off at my current race pace, or thereabouts. Went through 5k in 25:15 and then we speeded up! Actually quite pleased as we were running on uneven pavements, lots of turns, junctions etc. Felt quite strong at the end. Must remember that those that I was running with are over 40 years my junior! Wonder how the legs will be tomorrow: feel fine at present, possibly as we had a group stretch afterwards. A good habit for them to get into!

10/10/2013 at 21:47

Great Photo Don

Thanks for the wishes... all helped as have been offered the job

Rest day as Mrs RFJ's birthday (now feel fat as we have eaten rather alot...)

Take care

10/10/2013 at 22:34

Nice, RFJ! Well done!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.