Thursday 15th January 2004

81 to 87 of 87 messages
15/01/2004 at 22:41
Evening all, didn't manage to run today.

Hope to do an easy half hour tomorrow.
15/01/2004 at 22:42
Regarding a much earlier post, Minkin, I'm just like you. Too much, too often and as now sometimes too soon after injury and then wonder why I the n get another injury. I also rarely stretch, it's so boring! But should particularly as I'm getting on a bit, 47, : ) or :( And I have never had a cold bath !!

And I've just tried to get back to fitness after injury only to get another and so haven't run for the past 2 days :-(
DCD
15/01/2004 at 22:44
Evening All

What: 4 miles easy am, 6.2 miles club handicap run pm.
Why: mileage building

Have a good day everybody
15/01/2004 at 23:27
Oh the shame....

What : 11k on a dreadmill, horribly hot. Getting into this HRM business though - so many new figures/statistics to mess about with and collect. Not unlike cricket ?

Why : Froze last night, and pouring tonight - so chickened out of my planned run and, after driving straight past the club, headed for the gym.

Well, someone needs to lower the standards of this thread !

Happy dreams people

15/01/2004 at 23:28
no shame
it was a run wasnt it

i did sodd all
16/01/2004 at 00:53
Get well soon Treadmill. I need some revenge:)

Well done Popsider... so what speedwork did you do to achieve a 5k pb again?....

MM, re. Folksworth. Eyeballs on the floor, mate.

What: 11 miles am, 4 mile pm with Pantman either side of a meeting in Guildford.

Then on to lecture by Bill Adcocks, course record holder for Athens Marathon (2:11). Fascinating and inspiring stuff.
16/01/2004 at 06:47
NRG-B, track etiquette,

Train anti-clockwise round the track

Your not supposed to train in lane one

If passing another athlete it's considered polite to call "track" so they know your comeing.
[my club chairman decided this was not very friendly & the youngsters wouldn't understand, so now I use lane one & just shout "get out the way"] :-)

Don't cross the in-field or upset time-keepers & track officials!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 87 of 87 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.