Thursday 15th November 2012

21 to 27 of 27 messages
15/11/2012 at 20:27

Sounds like an interesting day, Pammie! Good suggestions for books! I'm surprised no-one else mentioned Cerutty and Van Aaken.

15/11/2012 at 20:55
7 mile loop done this evening in just under an hour, had a few compliments on how I've noticeably improved since I joined, wish was a nice confidence boost
15/11/2012 at 22:01

Greetings all

What 5.5m with Jnr
Why - Easy Run
Last hard - Tues
Last rest - Mon

Lyrics - No

Take care

15/11/2012 at 22:13
Straycelt - well done on the Movember. Back in the 70's (Oh God, he's on about the decade that fashion forgot...again!) I had the full Dave Bedford set of 'tash, 'boards and frizzed (natural..honest) hair.....and of course minimalist running shoes (addidas SL72s)......was I cool, or what?

Lively session at the club, as I can't resist the challenge of chasing after people who are better than me. About 7M fartlek - left for dead on the short sharp stuff but.
15/11/2012 at 22:24

Tnx Tom...my OH is pressurising removal and I do have sympathy but a boy's gotta do....
7m fartlek...that stopped being speedplay at least 2 miles before...my minimalist running shoes in the hare and hounds at uni were tru form own make at four quid a pair!

Blisters    pirate
15/11/2012 at 22:26

Yesterday's lyrics "A town called Malice" by The Jam
Today, no idea.

LMH. There was definitely no miscounting. Even at 16 lengths I was a minute down. I put this down to the stroke improvements that I have been embedding. It's far less thrashy and has more side to side roll. There's better symmetry as a result. I'm reaching further up the pool and generally using less energy. However, it's now blatantly clear that I'm not trying hard enough, either with the amount of water I'm trying to grab and push back, or the stroke rate which is quite lazy.
In running terms I'm doing a very gentle jog. Adding another 50 lengths would hold no fear even at this stage. One thing that was quite odd yesterday, after 75 lengths I seemed to relax and get a bit of feel for the water.

Bother, look at the time. No run completed.

15/11/2012 at 22:34

Tut tut blisters...stop apologising for the things....I wish I could swim.....it'll all be gloriously clear in the morning. Tri definitely beyond me.  More fun at the gym in the morning where they'll try and stretch the tightest hamstrings they have ever seen

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 27 of 27 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.