Thursday 3rd December 2009

21 to 30 of 30 messages
03/12/2009 at 18:39

Evening All,

NZC:  I see Kim Smith is down to run VLM.  Should be interesting.

• What:  5k
  • Why:  Running 101
  • Last Hard:  Agreeing a "return to work plan" with occupational health.  I'm having enough trouble with my return to training plan. 
  • Last Rest:  26/11

Have a good one!

03/12/2009 at 19:18
Moraghan, I thought you might be a bit heavier than me, something to do with those size 12s. I'll bet you've also got a raking stride*, I scuttle along like like demented crustacian.

* Somewhere I've got a sideways picture of Steve Ovett in full flow. He's awesome. I always imagine myself running like that until I glance sideways into a shop window
03/12/2009 at 19:33

Arclight - nothing could be further from the truth unfortunately.  I'm nearly 6ft 2" and my knees have never got anywhere near the height of my waist.  My flexibility is appalling so I look a bit like Benny Hill when I run - or to be kinder, one of the Japanese female marathon runners.  I know what you mean though - I've felt like Steve Ovett on plenty of occasions.

I'm doing drills 2 - 3 times a week in the hope it improves.

03/12/2009 at 19:34
Moraghan, Yes, but normaly my first mile is between 6:45 and 7:00, so depending on how I feel and how fast I'm doing dictates how hard I run. Today appears to be mty fastest training run on that route for this year.
However I do tend to over do it at the start of races and need to learn a bit of self control.
03/12/2009 at 21:55

Evening

Not posted for a few days work, acting like a Zombie and not sleeping terribly well

But now off for a week so i can sleep hopefully run a bit, eat, my eating pattern has been totally mucked up

Arclight - Hope you don't look back at the end of races a la Ovett, as much as i loved the man this was one pet hate of mine and wouldbe forever yelling at the tv. Possibly showboating but ...

Did manage runs yesterday 2.05 miles and 1.44 only tiddlers but they'll do trying to run everyday in December even if its for a mile. But at least i know for the next 6-7 days i can get some decent running in and  only 6 more nights after that of these silly 4am finishes

03/12/2009 at 22:32
Evening

What: swim test - I swam d&d
hill session - PAIN
legs at the gym - MORE PAIN
Why: I love training
Last hard: today
Last rest: Monday 23rd November.

Just done my highest amount of running in a 5 day period so having a day off running tomorrow. This week will most likely be my 2nd highest week since returning to training.(Around 35 miles) Small steps.
03/12/2009 at 22:48

Crikey Gobi. You sure love training! Pleased for you though.

Me tonight...
Similar sprint hill reps to last Thursday. Walk back recoveries. Just that bit harder than last week though, as there was one more rep - and that was the middle sized hill (Mummy Bear). P says he's making it progressively harder each week. I fervently hope that next time doesn't bring an extra Daddy Bear hill. Two of them one after another just about finishes me off as it is.

Bloody freezing.

Continuous with just walk back recoveries.
2 x 80m
2 x 120m
2 x 80m
2 x 120m
2 x 180m
plus 1 x 80m as an extra treat added on to the end when your legs are swimming in lactic and your last meal is about to make a re-appearance. Dry heaving also an option.

Acksherly (as those in the know would expect) that final short hill is...
pretty damn nice! My legs started - err - flowing on the final 30 metres. Stride lengthened. It was easy! MAGIC.

I aint 'alf knackered now though.

Quite pleased with myself. Only girl there amongst 8 blokes, all except P. much younger than me. I was last on almost every rep. But I did the lot them and was a only respectable distance behind. Proud!

2 mile downhill walk to Pilates tomorrow. I will get a lift back though. Need to keep a bit in reserve for the Massive Challenge of the Saturday run. One and a half miles at some sort of snailio pace.

03/12/2009 at 23:32

evening

busy day, little time to post

what: 5.5 miles at work in 43:24 , lunchtime
why: all there was time for

night night

03/12/2009 at 23:48
Pammie, the closest I ever got to show boating was the time I committed the unforgivable sin of jogging back down the course after a road race. After I'd turned round and started to jog back to the finish I got a round of applause from the spectatators. I assume they'd taken one look at me and decidedd that was the best pace on old man like me could manage!!
03/12/2009 at 23:50
Sharkie .....you're an absolute star (says he at the risk of repeating himself yet again)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.