Thursday 4th October 2012

21 to 26 of 26 messages
04/10/2012 at 21:14
Alehouse: Thanks for your supportive comments.

My current situation is that I can hit 50mpw of six days with the LSR at 14M. Off seven days it's about 57mpw. I normally take a day off when I feel I need it, and the legs are feeling battered - approx every 2-3 weeks.

Max LSD is 14M, I really don't want to go beyond 16M at the moment as I don't feel I have the strength to cope with really big miles.

The problem is that I'm constrained by the club timetable of Tues and Thurs of speed sessions and Sat for the LSR. Ideally I would like to be able to run a hard tempo 9-10M but it doesn't fit with that timetable - I used to do this on Saturday, followed by the LSR on Sunday. At the moment is not too much of a problem as I'm still at the "any mile is a good mile" stage. By next spring when I will need the faster tempo effort, I can see one of the club midweek sessions being dropped in favour of this.

If I can survive the winter without injury, I'd be tempted to add a second daily run........but a little voice inside says that I'm thinking like a 30 year old and it's never going to happen.
04/10/2012 at 21:23

BM I think there is some blurring whether it refers to just England or not
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blighty

Alehouse "Just got Urology important" (sic)
That's quick!
(Is this a Voice dictation or Predictive text error?
just curious as using voice dictation software at work again)

Finished work late and missed group but still did 3.6 on my tod
No ill effects from last Sunday

04/10/2012 at 21:24

oi gg, that's what i did yesterday though. i did nowt today!!!

04/10/2012 at 22:11

OH: that was, indeed, predictive text error...just got my urology appointment (which is important!!), and is, of course, when I am being operated on! Well, same day, anyway.

Welcome, HH! I'm sure that with GGG's help you will get the hang of the thread!!

Nice work, Pammie.

Tom:  club/self balance is always a tricky one, but I think the benefits of running in a group largely win, not least on the "mental" side.

04/10/2012 at 22:42
Alehouse: agree with your club/self balance comments. At my age it's about getting as much enjoyment as you can, and iId rather have the company of the club than my own.
04/10/2012 at 23:31

Evening again

Welcome Hansyhobs

Managed 2.73 miles in the dark (unusual for me) though it was hard still had my bike legs on me  even though run was 4 hours (thereabouts) after cycle ended

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.