04/10/2012 at 06:00

Morning

Todays lyrics:It's a long time since I saw you

Yesterdays lyrics: 'Never say goodbye' by Bon Jovi

What:5M Fartlek done.

Lots again to catch up on

Brekkie calling to.

Back later.

Why: need to. Cold when out  so wore gloves for 1st time this autumn.

Dubai Dave    pirate
04/10/2012 at 06:34

Morning

Birkmyre: Gloves? Better buy some before I head back Blighty way

LMH: Yep the last season of warm weather racing......... unless I spend more time in my house in Spain than the one in the UK. Hope your feeling OK today

Tom: Nine years sounds like a long time fro a set of Orthotics.

Ale: Good luck on all fronts

Last night was 12 x 400 off 1 minute recoveries, averaged around 88 secs an interval, which whilst 8 -10 seconds quicker than I was in August still represents a loss of 4 -5 seconds on February, work to be done.

What: 2K swim set at lunch, 6K recovery jog tonight
Why: Race season
Last Hard: Last night
Last rest: 7 days. 

04/10/2012 at 06:35

Morning DD: Yeah cold out up here in this part of Blighty this morning !

Edited: 04/10/2012 at 06:36
04/10/2012 at 07:00

Morning.

DD - will the new working arrangement allow for lots of time in Spain?

Blisters - I'll be sure to ask your expected time of arrival if we're likely to be parking at the same race

Alehouse - don't worry about the PSA, if it is something, they're on to it, if it's not then you'll be wasting your worrying. Was your surgeon confident of a good outcome from the operation? If so then all you can do is your best with the rehab (which you will), follow instructions (i.e. not try to do too much too soon) and hope that it's not a long winded process whilst knowing that even if it is at least you're on the road to recovery.

No excess or new aches and pains today but my throat is still bad, if not worse again, and RHR is up again so I guess I'm going to have to listen.

What:            nothing
Why:             beating my body into submission hasn't worked this time
Last hard:      being beaten by my immune system
Last rest:       3/10

Lyrics - I believe I do.

04/10/2012 at 08:05

Morning

What: Spin class lunchtime and swimming class tonight.
Why: First day since race that i haven't ached!
Last hard: Race on 30/09
Last rest: Everyday in between!

Lyrics: Nope

04/10/2012 at 08:12

morning all,
Ale, Tom, LmH continued good fortunes with your respective issues...& thanks for the words of support with my achey hammy.
No running yesterday, feels a bit better this morning, so more stretching and am at the club tonight (my kids training) so will probably help the juniors so that I can give it some light jogging. No point in overdoing it with halfmara sunday.
RFJ - I might be at Gosport - will have to check if it clashes with kids running/swimming/hockey fixtures. My races come way down the list...

Lyric - im not sure today

04/10/2012 at 08:23
What: run with group after work
Why: it's Thursday
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: yesterday
Lyrics: no

BM does Scotland count as Blighty?
(LMH)
04/10/2012 at 10:34

Good morning all. 10M SR after work I should think. Took a rest yesterday because club session on Tuesday night was 12M at a pace a bit beyond what I'm used to. Was really good though.

Lyrics: nope.

04/10/2012 at 11:24

morning all

hope all is good

what: 3 mile run later and birthday dinner for a good mate

why: I can run again!

last hard: tuesday hog hill 5k race

last easy: yesterday

have a good day all

04/10/2012 at 16:31

Afternoon

What 8 commute
Why no imagination
Lyrics no

04/10/2012 at 16:55

Afternoon!

I hear you, LMH! Good advice! Just got Urology important: inevitably it is when I am being operated on! And yes, surgeon is very confident of a good outcome.

Lyrics: No

Wabo:  good to see you and good to hear you are running again. If only!! Did you see many Hogs on Tuesday: Blisters  would be interested?! Trust you are doing plenty of stretching!

04/10/2012 at 17:11
Ah, it must be Thursday, Birkmyre's doing fartlek......whaaat! done by 6:00am.

DD: Strictly it's two pairs of orthotics. One set are a pair of lash-ups which try out for the proper ones. The others are the proper ones now held together with gaffer tape (rather like myself I think). But yes, it is a long time.

LMH: get well soon

Dustin: you sound like a great dad, your kids are very lucky.

Managed 14M this morning, lots of loops, staying close to home. No pain in the foot, just that funny rumpled sock feeling occasionally. The run was a bit lack lustre, partly because of fear of foot pain but also had a few sundry aches and pains, hopefully down to the distance rather than biomechanics.

I'm fairly happy though (yes really), as I've had 4-5 weeks good training (September miles totalled 232), so I guess I'm due a down week.
04/10/2012 at 17:52

Tom: well done, and well done again...September's miles (which included a few quicker than usual) and today's 14.
Personally I don't think that you should up your miles any further, apart from extending the long run to 20 over the next three months, and even then probably only once a fortnight at most. And to compensate I would reduce or even omit one of the shorter runs, particulalry if you continue to run quicker miles with the club.

04/10/2012 at 17:54

Feeling worse as the day progresses, appointment with the nurse practitioner in the morning, think I have a new, different infection to add to the list. The joys of a rubbish immune system. So, I have time to get better before Abingdon (hopefully) but do I have time to get better enough to have a good run there?

Sorry - me, me, me. Normal service will be resumed shortly.

04/10/2012 at 18:25

Evening

LMH you've done the bulk of the training rest up till you feel better hopefully you'l be better when Abingdon comes (when is it)

a little 2miles something cycle home this morning then up at 12 and a 7 mile cycle to my hairdressers decided to come home via a different route with a few detours 13.42 miles on the way back nice Now i've done nearly 35 miles in 4 days been ages since i've done anything like that  although some may laugh but to me thats a lot

Even better coming back i was worried as my planned route included the old A13 still a busy route  but theres practicarly a cycle path the whole way nice i love that

Run later just a short one legs like jelly though

Blisters    pirate
04/10/2012 at 18:55

It seems like I forgot to go to bed last night, and was a bit tired in the afternoon. Not sure whether to go for a run round the block, haul the old bike down, or just sit on my @rse all evening. Whatever, it will have to be after food has been created and consumed.

Managed to not crash the car today.

04/10/2012 at 19:29

It's the 21st Pammie. Nice riding.

I'd vote for the latter Blisters - but that's probably cos I don't have the choice.

04/10/2012 at 20:43

OH: I always thought Britain was termed Blighty. Not sure now !

04/10/2012 at 20:44

Tom: Just habit mate.It doesn't feel like a Thursday without my Fartlek.

04/10/2012 at 21:10
What: Nothing
Why: Super busy day and saving energy for parkrun!
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: Tuesday

Welcome hansyhobs, post in the current day you div! (We know each other in real life)

Lyrics: Nope
1 to 20 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.