Thursday 5th Dec 2013

21 to 24 of 24 messages
05/12/2013 at 21:36

Evening

3k adventure in 50m pool - jaysus. Super!!

hour on turbo this evening

Weather a bit wet here today but not too bad - a bit windy and cold. Due to settle again tomorrow! 

Talk soon

05/12/2013 at 21:59

Paddy that's extreme swimming

More rest here..... starting to feel a bit fat and restless, but hoping that the body is enjoying a rare rest week.....

Take care

Blisters    pirate
05/12/2013 at 22:28

A pretty good day by my (Low) standards. Having got chatting to a bloke in a pub last night we separated after last orders and agreed to meet up at 0700 for a nice little run. This chap, whom we shall call Moses of Powys, turned up at 0700:30, a mere 39 seconds after I did, and I think that we were both surprised that I had turned up. He had offered to take me on a run around the local area for about an hour to an hour and a quarter.
Powys isn't flat. This was my first run since coming down with man-cold, but I'm mending. To be honest it was great. There's nothing to beat witnessing the coming of dawn, even though it was flat and grey. To be honest we had the best chunk of the day, and it was a great motivation. Not just the arse out of the door issue, but the companion to help keep the pace going. My body would have been satidfied with 5 miles and a cooked breakfast. It got 10 miles at 8m/m on rolling countryside, and no breakfast at all. But a great buzz to start the day, and thanks to Moses the UltraUltra runner.

Other Half wrote (see)

Tad windy here but nothing exceptional. No snow (but is forecast to come)

I fear to think what sort of weather OH considers to be exceptional. 

Blisters    pirate
05/12/2013 at 22:31

Welcome aboard Nose, you find that posting regularly here ensures that you feel the need to have something to post about. A daily 6 miler is unremarkable, except in our little quarter, when it's embarrassing if you can't report one!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.