21 to 36 of 36 messages
14/11/2002 at 13:04
No running just tennis 2.5 hrs

why: only so many hours in day

Last hard: Tuesday
Lasr rest: yesterday
14/11/2002 at 13:43
Laura L,
CONGRATS on your 5K time, that's a great achievement. In response to your last comment on the Wednesday session thread, I for one am convinced that goals can be set, met and exceeded with the right attitude, training and dedication. I can still clearly remember my first marathon (Cal International, Sacramento, 1995) in which a good proportion of the field were running specifically to get a qualifying time for the 100th Boston Marathon. Since I was planning on trying to get a sub-4:00, a 3:10 (needed for Boston qualification) seemed like an impossible dream to me at the time. I finished that race in 3:54 and was ecstatic as this was the 4th marathon I'd trained for but the first one I'd actually managed to run owing to injuries acquired during training. I made a decision that day that if at all possible I wanted to qualify for and run the Boston marathon. I finally got there in 2001, only took 5-6 years!!! So I'm convinced if you believe in yourself and are willing to put in the work, many seemingly impossible goals become possible ;-)

What: 5 miles
Why: Cutting back a bit in preparation for Sunday's Worksop 1/2M
Last hard run: Tuesday
Last rest day: Yesterday
14/11/2002 at 14:44
What: 45 min run
Why: getting back to it after GNR

last hard day: GNR
last rest day: everyday since GNR
14/11/2002 at 17:31
Another mental day of meetings meetings meetings. I'm not complaining about being busy as there have been three redundancy programmes in our organisation over the last 6-9 months so I'd sooner be busy than have no job!

Wicked, Snicks - going to see Bryan Adams was MrsH's anniversary present but I must admit he's quite good - nice to listen to someone who doesn't take themselves too seriously from a musical perspective!

Still can't decide whether to do anything tonight - nothing like having a well planned and structured training programme......and I have nothing like a........................................
14/11/2002 at 18:59
Inspiring tale MM, you're always so encouraging. I do believe what you say, but I wonder whether it's also a case of finding your natural strengths and building on them rather than fighting to improve in what's always going to be an uphill battle.
Sorry to hear about people's job woes, hope your interview goes well Benz. I was in a meeting with someone today, he asked 'What's your passion, outside work?' Guess what my reply was! It was one of those 'know your goals and then you can achieve them' type conversations, have to be in the right mood or it just sounds a bit too Mind Body Spirit section of the bookshop if you know what I mean.

(more prosaically) Filbert, look forward to the results of your max HR test.

What: 6 miles recovery.
Why: needed to recover! That's one benefit of the 5K, today's run felt incredibly easy and relaxed by comparison. And managed to miss the rain by about a minute.
Last hard: yesterday
Last rest: Tues
14/11/2002 at 19:00
PS Bryan Adams Martin- your wife is lucky! Is this what the famous anniversary present turned out to be then?
14/11/2002 at 19:14
Wife woke me up on her way to work 5.45, I rolled over went back to sleep.
5 year old son woke me up 7.30 wanted his school clothes gave them to him and went back to bed. 8.22 woke up, mad panic to get dressed & kids to school on time. dash for train 2 mins to run it
(Made mental note to start training in running gear and not my suite, speed work in work shoes is not good for the knees!)
Train late (20mins) late to work again.
Everyone goes home 7pm I logon to RW web site. Home for 9, kids in bed, wife on way. Spend 1 hour talking to her (she falls asleep) I go for 4 mile run in the rain. Make my dinner at 11pm, bit of work on my web site and then a bit of cable TV.. Bed 2am

repeat the above for today!
14/11/2002 at 19:17
What: 2 miles gentle.
Why: 13 miles tomorrow night.
Last hard: last friday
Last rest: Saturday to Monday
14/11/2002 at 19:17
Anyone in London Bridge to South London area want to join me tomorrow night for 13m back to Orpington?
14/11/2002 at 19:40
What: 5 miles in the rain at lunch
Why: to get out of the office and listen to my audiobook - bliss :)
Last hard: Monday
Last rest: Saturday
14/11/2002 at 20:22
Feeling virtuous

What: 6x800m@15kph w/400m jog recovery on t’mill
Why:variation on 10*400m, but so full of it after 2 days off did 6 instead of 5
Last hard day: sun tempo/race
Last rest: tues & wed

So why so virtuous: well I usually do my 400m intervals at 14.6kph, but having done 4.5mile race at 14.1kph I felt I had up the speed for the intervals…and I then realised that
15kph is a 20min 5k and
if I didn’t need the recoveries
and I could do twice as many
and I gave myself a little incline
then I’d be on for a sub 40min 10k
which is about as likely as Osama bin Laden taking his pet pig El Al from Baghdad to Tel Aviv…

oh well maybe one day
14/11/2002 at 20:26
What: 8 miles easyish
Why: Clocking up the miles
Last hard run: Yesterday
Last easy day: Todayish

Gareth
14/11/2002 at 21:39
5 - mile turned to very wet seven mile at an easy pace

why - mad for it - felt angry about first two naff miles
14/11/2002 at 23:38
3.8 mile acceleration run as planned. Finished with a mile at 5:57. Hopefully should have enough in the tank for a long hard effort tomorrow.
Trogs    pirate
15/11/2002 at 00:04
Hi all - haven't joined in here before but I thought it was about time I did.

What: 40mins (4.3miles) on treadmill
Why: It's my birthday and running in the rain would have just been too depressing
Last hard: Sunday
Last rest: Monday

15/11/2002 at 08:47
OOO bit late I know!
Busy all day - met another employment agency having endured SWT and the tube.
Got home to find the wife in distress as 4yo nativity costume (she's the innkeeper) has to be in by next Friday.Toured the town looking for ideas and finally got something that can be doctored......
Managed to make it out later just as the heavens opened.
What : 8 miles allegedly easy pace, turned out quicker than expected (57m as opposed to 64).
Measured HR avg 163, noted that I have to work out max at some stage.Did note that resting beforehand my HR was down at 36.
Why : steady midweek run (?)
Last Rest : Tuesday
Last Hard : Wednesday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 36 of 36 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.