Thursday Session - 19 December

21 to 28 of 28 messages
19/12/2002 at 15:22
afternoon cats,

what : 11mile steady part road,part x-c in 84mins
why : stinking head cold yesterday made me feel like a bag of spanners so I didn't venture out all day.Felt infinitely better this morning and wanted to do a long(ish) run.

byeeeeeee
19/12/2002 at 16:03
Good afternoon all

To those that have got their training in already, well done. I think you will have had the better of the weather, I think the temperatures are begging to fall quite quickly - just in time for tonights club run.

Laura - I hope the Langdale 10k is down the valley! Have a pint of Jennings in the Britannia at Elterwater for me if you go anywhere near, a fanatastice part of the world you live in.

What: Club run 5.5 - 8.7 miles

Why: Club night always on Thu

Last Hard: Yesterdays gym session, though after reading PSI's efforts I think I will have to reassess hard:)

Last Rest: Sunday

MartinH, I can beat Mrs SH at squash but I can't beat her mother, though she does still play ladies county 1st team and got selected to play for England over 50. We are going to visit this weekend and the usual drumming will no doubt be on the cards!! I'm learning to take it well - like I have a choice ;-)
19/12/2002 at 16:33
Afternoon all!

What: nothing
Why: I'm due a rest day, seeing as the last was last Friday, plus going to watch Xmas production later-always good fun!

Well done all those who managed some good runs today. Much respect Stickless!
19/12/2002 at 18:26
a festive good evening to all - they were skating at Marble Arch on an outdoor ice rink as my bus went past just now, it was like something out of Dickens.

what: 5 miles recovery
why: recovery day
last rest: Tuesday
last hard day: yesterday

KK - I know just what you're going through with the old heel tab routine having had it this week as well, though maybe not so bad. why do they persist in making running shoes the way they do? I'm tempted to do a Gordon Pirie and get the scissors out for a bit of wanton vandalism. hope it gets better fast.
19/12/2002 at 20:59
Oh My God!!! look at the time, i have to fit a run in somewhere today, but the time is just slipping away

what: 10km route, quite hilly, in a sub 37 minute time
why: because this i sa recovery from last nights lactate response session

last hard: last night
last easy:rested on tuesday

last rest, tuesday

god, i need motivation. this time of year can be so unfocused and i'm inclined to just sit around sometimes
19/12/2002 at 22:03
What: rest
Why: stupidly agreed to play football at lunchtime and got a knock on the knee. These b****** contact sports, can't be doing with them.
Next: See what I feel like tomorrow but definitely no footie.
19/12/2002 at 22:12
PM- What: Full Body Strength Program (1hr) plus Body Balance (1hr)
Why: Usual Thursday evening routine, for strength, suppleness and recovery
Last Hard: Cant remember
Last Rest: Tuesday

Achilles: Cheers mate, much appreciated. I've plastered it up tonite & intend to run wearing a neoprene ankle brace as padding tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes, I reckon it'll be runnable though...
19/12/2002 at 23:02
Belfast_phil
A hilly 10K in sub 37 is a recovery run????

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 28 of 28 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.