Training for a 10 year old

6 messages
08/07/2011 at 22:05
Hi dudes i,m a ten year old girl who has been running for the last 6 months and i,m doing pretty well at it,how often do you think i should train a week,what is a good 600 metre time for my age .Thanks Jessie
09/07/2011 at 14:23

Jessie,

The best thing you can do is join a club which has a good juniors section.  An experienced coach will be able to give you individual guidance about how to train and progress.

09/07/2011 at 16:49

I started training when i was 11. I joined a local running club that trained juniors. I enjoyed it but was never much good! but can reccomend it as a good way to pick up training tips.

I used to run Tuesday and Thurday evenings and then a longer cross country run on a Sunday (3-6 miles). I think people started to do the Sunday runs once they were 11 but can't remember 100%

I also can't remember what a good time for 600m was as I never started with that distance. My first 800m (age 12) I ran 3:07 but the good runners were doing more like 2:30 or even faster.

09/07/2011 at 17:00
join a club dudette- the world is your oyster!
09/07/2011 at 19:42
As others have suggested, join a club. My 9 yr old and 10 yr old both go to a local athletics club once or twice a week, as well as running they have the option to do long jump, high jump, javelin etc., it's really good fun.
19/06/2013 at 20:58

Hey sorry i haven't been on here for long long long time. But i would like to thank everyone for the responses. 

I do go to a running club now and i have been at my running club for 14 months.I really enjoy running 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.