Training for Windsor Dorney Half Marathon

1 message
21/02/2013 at 20:08

5 months ago I started running a few times a week. I loved it.

I have a problem. I can't get myself into a routine. Sometimes I'll not run for a week and when I go out again I can REALLY feel it.

My solution was to sign up for a race. I work 12 hour shifts with a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern which leaves me with few weekends free (and sometimes getting home from work has me reaching for a hot water bottle and pyjamas instead of trainers!). I signed myself up for the afforementioned half marathon on the 16th March.

Using mapmyrun on my iPhone I have run 12.5 miles in 1h50m (about a month ago) and 10km in 45 minutes (2 weeks ago). As I mentioned before, I would not say that I have really done any training.

Could anyone PLEASE advise me on the sort of training I should be doing over the next (eeeeek!) 3 weeks in the lead up to the event. I was hoping to manage a 1:50 but with my sheer laziness of recent weeks I'm not sure I can manage it.

Thanks in advance for any replies!

P.S. Anyone else doing this race?

Edited: 21/02/2013 at 20:12

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.