Training-half marathon

21 to 23 of 23 messages
30/08/2005 at 13:42
I completed the 1/2 marathon. It was amazing. I had no problems anywhere and fealt strong all the way round. I finished with 1hr 41secs. The amazing thing was all the niggles that had troubled me in traning never bothered me in the race. My nips were even bleeding when I finished but I hardly felt that. I feel I could have opened up a little earlier and actually come under 1hr40. I know for next time. I'm considering the step up for full mara next year. One thing though - I dropped away from the training plan with three weeks to go and trained three times aweek at about 25ks in total. I was worried I wasn't trained enough but I did the run in 6 mins better than I thought I could.
17/07/2006 at 12:58
Could anyone give me so advice, I am a regular but slow runner, what ever I do whether it be a 5k, 10k or 1/2 marathon I can't seem to move from the 10min/mile mark. I have tried speed work but find it very hard to move from my normal pace, I feel like i'm never going to improve. I have a half marathon in 9 weeks time and would like to get close to the 2hr mark is this a bit too ambitious I am currently running 3-4 times per week totalling about 18miles!
13/11/2012 at 11:20

Hi all

I'm a bit confused by the training plan instructions (maybe I'm being dense!)

e.g. 

TueSpeedwork4M (inc 4 x 600m, 200m jog)10K40 mins

8/10 

Does this mean the 600m sections are at 10k pace? Or the parts that are not intervals are at 10k pace? Or does it mean that the 600m sections are 8/10 effort and the rest of the run to make up 4miles is 10k pace?

Also, why is the overall distance in miles and the intervals in metres? Makes it difficult to track on a phone app GPS where you need to specify either km or miles (I know that I can convert it, but it would seem to make sense to keep the units consistent within the plan, wouldn't it?)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.