Training on crutches!

4 messages
25/01/2013 at 17:25
Just got back into running and was finding my legs and really enjoying it. Now I have got 3 fractures in my foot. Is there any way to maintain fitness whilst on crutches? Got a half marathon in may and a full in July hopefully. Any suggestions gratefully received.
25/01/2013 at 22:18
Many gyms have cardio machines that workout the upper body only.

Are you in plaster? Is aqua jogging an option.

When you can put some pressure on the foot the elliptical trainer would be good.
26/01/2013 at 17:03
Hi Also-ran, thanks for your suggestions, newly plastered and no weight bearing for a few weeks so will go and explore my local gym for upper body cardio machines. Didn't know such a thing existed looking forward to trying them.
26/01/2013 at 21:37
Its basically cycling with your arms - a bit gruesome! I can't remember what they are called - something like a hand ergometer
Edited: 26/01/2013 at 21:40

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.