Training planning software

4 messages
27/09/2004 at 13:42
I'm going to run the Rome marathon next March, and maybe even FLM 5 weeks later if I get in on the ballot. I'm planning on following Jack Daniels' marathon training plan B. This plan has 4 phases of 6 weeks, weekly mileage goals and contains specific workouts phrased as "1 hour or 8 miles (whichever is less) at T pace, easy run + 5-6 set of strides of 20-30s with 1 minute rests", etc. I also may not be able to run at weekends through part of this training.

So I started compiling this plan into a spreadsheet, but it's getting very complicated. I'll also want to adjust the plan on the fly if I do a race, miss a run or change workouts around.

Can anyone point to any software that might assist me to do this?
The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/09/2004 at 13:51
try looking at the excel sheet done by someone whose name I have forgotten!
Google for dead runners society and excel sheet!
27/09/2004 at 14:04
I've seen that one (if it's the one I think it is). It's more about logging than planning. I'm thinking of something where I could put, say, 60 miles into the weekly total column and it would divide 60 by 4 to give me my long run, and then 45 by 6 to give a starting point for the rest of the week, which I could tweak.

If you see what I mean...
The Evil Pixie    pirate
27/09/2004 at 14:10
it does have a planner page but I think you add the totals yourself - never used it

think you better write something yourself
or look on coolrunning.com as they have loads of links

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.