Training Session - Boxing Day

21 to 24 of 24 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
27/12/2002 at 10:48
Didn't run Boxing Day - woke up with a streaming cold and a temperature, courtesy of young nephew.
27/12/2002 at 18:26
Nearly always enjoy a great run on Boxing Day [and on New Years Day]. This year met clubmates at 8am [how could I think they might wimp out]. Did a steady 11 miler, although I felt good and would have done another 3/4 miles. Had dreamt about such a run and the fresh air involved when overfull and bored with TV the previous day.
27/12/2002 at 19:14
Belfast Phil,

A turbo session is a cycling session on a stationary trainer - turbo trainer.
Basically the bike is clamped into the trainer, and the rear wheel drives the "turbo" part.
These can be either wind resistance - similar to concept 2 rowing M/C, fluid or magnetic.
You vary the resistance by using a lever on the handlebars.
You can get a good workout without the hassle of taking your bike out in the wind and rain.
Sorry it's nothing more exciting!

Paul
27/12/2002 at 21:55
awwwwwwww man, i thought that it wasa shorter sharp session which could go some way to making up for a missed training session earlier in the day, or something you could do to still get a workout even if you don't have a lot of itme.

well, may look into getting one, thanks

B_Phil

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.