Training Session - Saturday 28 December

21 to 25 of 25 messages
28/12/2002 at 21:25
What: 10k hilly tempo run
Why: 1st hard run for nearly a week due to colds, etc
Last hard day: today
28/12/2002 at 21:40
Wee Piglet,

The course is the same as the last three years. It used to move around each year but it's becoming harder to find venue's. Not many people want thier playing fields cut to peices.

A few years ago I did a mile race on the Goodwyn Sands [in the English Channel] each year they become accessable for a few hours. People have played cricket on them as well. The sand was really hard!

Tim
28/12/2002 at 22:13
I notice you're all very restrained and didn't pick up on any daft and obvious jokes re Johny's encounter with a pheasant!
Psi
28/12/2002 at 23:56
amended:

What: Nothing
Why: Didn't want to risk it due to recent injury when I have a long run to do tomorrow.

:)
29/12/2002 at 00:51
hey drew, i'm watching you on T.V right now! you're about to get your head cut off.

what: track(thank god, i'm running again!)
10*400m, 1minute static recovery between each, all at 68-72 seconds/400m pace.

why: because the coach said so, and everybody know's he's the man!

it's great to be runing again. get this people, 4lbs over christmas, and i have the XC champs in two weeks time, ooooooooh sh*t.

ah well, long run tomorrow hopefully, then it'll all be back on track.

last rest:erm, like the last three days
last hard: i suppose today felt kinda pushy in the last two reps(like lactic acid pushy), but that's good, NO REALLY, it IS!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.