Psi
28/12/2002 at 02:17
What: About 4-5 miles.
Why: Long run tomorrow.

Last hard: T'other day.
Last rest: Yesterday :)
28/12/2002 at 09:59
what: nothing
why: probably due for a rest anyway, but now especially (after yesterday's problems), want to be as fresh as poss for tomorrow's 13.6 miler - preferably with enough left in the tank to try to attack (rather than just plod) the homeward journey.

last hard(ish) day: Fri
last rest day: Mon
28/12/2002 at 10:58
What: swim
Why: rest day
Last hard: Thurs
Last rest: xmas day

such a lovely morning I did debate sneaking out for a short run, but then thought better of it, if I want to run long tomorrow.
28/12/2002 at 11:39
What: 1 mile warmup, 16 x 1:30 @3k pace =436.36m), 30 sec recoveries, 1 mile cooldown
Why: Horwill says...
Last hard: Today (sort of...)
Last Rest: Yesterday

Nice morning for it, but by the time I got back, my rear was covered in mud from the rubbish I flicked on myself during the 'paw-back' phase. Why, when it gets good & balmy, must it rain/be damp?
28/12/2002 at 11:42
What: 5 miles easy
Why: supposed to rest but saw the sunshine and wanted to try out some of my new running gear! And had another evening's drinking last night on my conscience.

Last hard: xmas eve, sort of (fartlek session)
Last rest: Mon
28/12/2002 at 13:00
What: Gym triathlon thing as devised by Evil Pixie - all distances less than when I first started!! Upper body weights.
Why: Put 3lbs on over Christmas

Last hard: Yesterday (ish)
Last rest: Christmas day
28/12/2002 at 13:26
What: 30 minutes easy with 2 sets of 5x100m strides thrown in.

Why: 10 mile race tomorrow

Last Hard: Tuesday
Last Rest: Yesterday.
28/12/2002 at 15:40
70 min run/walk
6.13 miles(pedometer)
Ouch
KR
28/12/2002 at 16:03
Hi all! What a lovely day!
What: did my long run today as we have friends staying over tonight, so 11 miles slow
Why: the marathons training commences...
last hard: can't remember, last Sun?
last rest: Thurs
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
28/12/2002 at 16:39
What - 6km uphill, 6km down.

Why - every trail within miles goes up!

Last hard - Xmas day

Tomorrow - long run
28/12/2002 at 17:08
What: Club handicap, which was about 7.3 miles through sand dunes, along beach, in woods, little bit of road.
Why: It was my first Club handicap :)

Last hard: Monday
Last rest: Thursday
28/12/2002 at 17:09
What: 45 mins fartlek plus 5 mins warm down and warm up. Bloody cold and quite difficult as a lot of snow under foot here in Ankara.

Why: Key marathon session

Last hard day: Thursday (hills)

Last rest: Tuesday

Tommorrow: Long run
28/12/2002 at 17:12
Laura L,

Trying out new running kit is serious stuff well done!

What: 20M
Why: gives me more time before next weekends county xc champs.
Last hard: Yesterday
Last rest: 8 days ago
Feel good after my run & even spent 1hr in garden putting up trellis.

Tim
28/12/2002 at 17:13
Wee Piglet,

Sounds like fun
28/12/2002 at 19:03
Hi once again, training types.

What: Nowt.
Why: Got a nice dose of amoebic dysentery for Crimbo from my 1-year-old nephew. Still iffy. Well, it was a bit of a tummy bug, but I like to make a fuss.
Hard: Before Christmas.
Rest: Yesterday/today.

I'll hit the road tomorrow to see how I'm doing. Race day Tuesday..... :-O
28/12/2002 at 19:05
Been out for my first run for almost 3weeks;reasons for not running, busy time at work,family,weather,couldn't be bothered etc.What a copout.I just ran a couple of miles today and it was great.More tomorrow.
28/12/2002 at 19:26
Thanks, Outrunningalongway - it was fun :) I really enjoy running in the dunes (not the soft sand, though - the grassy paths, up and down, are best), so I enjoyed the course today :)

Very best of luck in the County xc champ's next weekend - that sounds very exciting! Do you know what the course will be like yet?
28/12/2002 at 19:48
What: Running Club Christmas Disco

A four hour endurance session with particular attention paid to careful hydration.

Last rest: Boxing Day

Yesterday's session (as I was elsewhere)- undulating five miler at just over 7 minute / mile pace, clearing some cobwebs (and a headache). I experienced a running first fo me when I was attacked by a cock pheasant! He flew out at me and attacked my leg with claws and beak. I shook him off and he attacked again, so I puinted him (gently) into the stream - I didn't know that pheasants could look suprised. Why did he attack? I'm sure I don't look like a rival pheasant - maybe it was a comment on the colour clash between my tights and jacket.
28/12/2002 at 20:32
What: 8 Miles
Why: Marathon Training Schedule says so!

Last Rest: Friday
Last Hard: Today!

Tried out new running socks today, they were very good!
28/12/2002 at 21:13

What: Resistance Training legs,arms,( and stupid as it may seem, me and my training partner had a contest with dumbell curls, seeing how many we could manage in one set, weight 2kg @ 234 reps, and yes by the end of it they felt like 30kg) and ab work,then followed by 2km run at 15kph.

Why: Didnt want to do much running as I face an 18 miler tomorrow......up hills!!

Last Hard: Friday
Last Rest: Xmas day
1 to 20 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.