Training Session - Tuesday 17 December 2002

21 to 33 of 33 messages
17/12/2002 at 16:36
What: Speed session in Regents Park, 3 x 1min, 5 min, 3 x 1min, 5 min.
why: no reason for the breakdown, couldn't think what else to do
Last hard: today, i was tired
Last easy: yesterday, I was a slob

Great fun running past camels, wolfs and eagles! Felt a bit sorry for them though. They do look bored! Lots of runners out. Wonder what it will be like in January
Back to work - check over shoulder....
17/12/2002 at 16:36
In case your wondering - I was running past London Zoo
17/12/2002 at 16:41
Glad to see even KK has rest days occasionally.

Mike, hope you enjoy your 'quality session with the Wirral girls'. :)

What: 3.5 hrs xcountry with a fair bit of ascent in gorgeous winter sunshine. Nice gentle pace approx 62% whr.
Why: Power off all morning so good excuse not to do any work and go out running instead. And friend reminded me we're supposed to be doing 23mile xcountry event the weekend after Helsby, so tested part of the route today. Shattered now, please can this count as my long run this week?
Last rest: yesterday
Last hard: Sat.
Dollie    pirate
17/12/2002 at 17:00
Wow! Well done Laura - you can definitely count that as this week's long run.

I'm running 2.5m handicap with Club tonight. Don't feel like doing it actually. Feel like having one of those runs where you just head out the door, no time or route planned and just run.

Oh well, another day perhaps. At least I'm getting a run tonight.
17/12/2002 at 18:32
Go there Laura, well done for today.

What: 16km ( 10 miles )1hr 12mins.
Why: Done 18 miles on sunday, needed a complete recovery yesterday after also working 12 hrs on sunday night, pretty wrecked come monday morning, so thought id do a longish steady run today.

Last Hard: Sunday
Last Rest: Monday

Keep it up folks!!
17/12/2002 at 18:46
What: Nothing, rest day.

Why: Raced XC on Sunday followed by a 5KM RR tomorrow and a moderately paced 4M off road run in between.

Last Hard: XC race on Sunday.

Enjoy!
Psi
17/12/2002 at 19:01
Yeah, I was running like KK before I was injured - the temptation is there to just ramp straight back up to that level of training again, but I know I'll just overtrain and come a cropper so it's all about the slow buildup :)
17/12/2002 at 21:13
Not all the usual girls turned up - one new bloke did - so it was 3 of each; for once the blokes weren't outnumbered.
2/3rd mile "warm up" (misnomer), then tempo run in sub-zero temperatures - covered about 8.5-9K in just under 34 mins. Got back to the car after 1 mile+ warm down & found ice on the windows. The puddles on the pavement were starting to freeze over as well.
Struggled to keep up with the new bloke & the fastest woman & gradually faded to about 50m+ adrift. Checking back on the splits later, found we'd gone out at sub 6 minute mile pace, so perhaps not surprising. We all slowed quite a lot over the last mile or so.
Didn't enjoy it at the time, but glad I managed the session now.
17/12/2002 at 21:22
just a steady 5 miles with my girlfriend she wants to get into running as she plays rugby.

Ran 12 miles yesterday with the club.
17/12/2002 at 21:27
Monster speed session on the treadmill 16 x 2min at top speed with 60 secs rest.

yesterday steady 6 miles

sunday easy 17 miles

saturday fast hilly 8 miles

dunno how the hell I managed the speed session today
17/12/2002 at 22:14
Hi everybody, sorry didn't read thru the thread today BUT will tomorrow!

What: Treadmill 5k in 29.30 mins(good time for me)
Last rest: yesterday
Last hard : can't remember

My calf still hurt but hopefully will get better !

Good Night all!
17/12/2002 at 22:44
Well done Laura! Flippin' eck. And the artist formerly known as the editor - that sounds good. Now, where do you edit...any work going?
17/12/2002 at 23:58
Hello all,

What: about 9.5 miles
Why: beginning to increase the weekly mileage, as there's a good chance that I'm about to get a club place for the FLM
Last hard: Monday
Last rest: Saturday

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 33 of 33 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.